Electric vehicles while hunting?

Crosshairy

Anyone use an electric vehicle, such as a golf cart with lift kit & off-road tires, to get yourself around while hunting?

I know they aren't quite as rugged or powerful as 4-wheelers or other gas-powered vehicles, but I've really become interested in them lately as a way to get around QUIETLY.

The guys I hunt with stir the place up running their 4-wheelers around too much.

I'm curious what sorts of vehicles you have experience with, if you'd recommend them, and what the average cost would be.

Missme

I have been checking into them also. The two I was checking on were badboybuggies and stealth 4x4.

BlackBelt

I had been looking into the electrics also. However, the weight issues they have were staggering. The ones from badboybuggies were almost twice as heavy as any brand regular gas engine. The electrics were so heavy I'm not sure I could carry it in my truck.
But I love the silent features of the electrics. That was really the only reason that I was looking at them.
Instead I got one of those ATV muffler silencer kits from Benz, and my Honda Foreman is as quiet as a church mouse. Those kits really do cut the noise by 60%, or at least it did on mine.

MFBAB

I use a 2wd club car w/ lift. Can't beat if for stealth and lack of scent from emissions, I see so much more game riding that thing than a 4 wheeler it's not funny, also much easier to ride 2 people on. I love it but there are still times when I need the 4 wheeler, like bad mud or food plot prep, also steep hills can be a problem if it's wet w/ the 2wd.

Gravey

In certain areas I think they would be fine. I'd look at the bad boy buggie or one I've seen commercials for lately called ruff and tuff. The main concern I have is how long the batteries would stay charged. Last thing I'd want to do is walk back to the truck when you're miles from it. I definitely like the quietness factor.

MFBAB

Battery life is good an my club car, I can get a w/end out of it. Mud tends to run the battery down a lot faster as does cold weather, you just have to be conscious of it, I have a meter on mine so I know how much charge I have left. I have heard great things about the Ruff and Tuff 4wd.

Missme

I should be getting the info in the mail soon on the stealth 4x4. I think I read the battery would last six hours of continous use but dont quote me on that.

Crosshairy

I've heard one site quote something like "20 miles or 6 hours" for one brand, but I don't recall which one.

I think that it might be worth investing in a trailer that rides lower to the ground. I get nervous about carrying so much weight high up in the truck bed.

Weight has many disadvantages. One that comes to mind is...what happens if it rolls over on you?

I hadn't really thought of that until now.

MFBAB

My Club Car has a very low center of gravity even with the lift, it is much more stable tnan any 4 wheeler I've ever been on, no way you could roll it over.

Latest posts