Dogs chasing deer

TNlandowner

What may I do to stop dogs from chasing deer on my farm? I've spoken with the owner, who lives about a mile from us, about her dogs and told her we didn't want them on our farm chasing deer. She allows the dogs to roam without fences and seems to care very little for our desires. We live outside city limits and don't what to do. Would Law Enforcement (TWRA or County Sherriff) cite her for allowing the animals to run free? I could give them game camera photos showing the dogs.

Omega

I had two hunting dogs come on my property, weren't chasing deer but sure found my saltlicks pretty quick. Then one started to attempt to climb a tree and started baying. My land is tiny, 7.2 acres, so the morning was shot, but I figured oh well. Another day they came around again, this time had on orange collars so that is how I figured they were hunting dogs. Only two time I have seen them, but got a good pic of one at the saltlick. Still managed to get my deer though, so they must not of scared them all off.
xugus2l.jpg

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
What may I do to stop dogs from chasing deer on my farm? I've spoken with the owner, who lives about a mile from us, about her dogs and told her we didn't want them on our farm chasing deer. She allows the dogs to roam without fences and seems to care very little for our desires. We live outside city limits and don't what to do. Would Law Enforcement (TWRA or County Sherriff) cite her for allowing the animals to run free? I could give them game camera photos showing the dogs.
I have the same problem. Local game warden came out and said as long as they are not deer hunting off of the dogs nothing he can do. Police has been notified and they still run deer on a weekly bases

TNlandowner

Awful.... thanks for the reply... maybe I can "catch" them and leave them inside my fence with my dog.... they seem to get along. I don't think the owners would even notice for several days. This is a terrible situation indeed, as these aren't hungry or mean dogs. Their owners just let them "play" within a 2-mile area....

JCDEERMAN

Awful.... thanks for the reply... maybe I can "catch" them and leave them inside my fence with my dog.... they seem to get along. I don't think the owners would even notice for several days. This is a terrible situation indeed, as these aren't hungry or mean dogs. Their owners just let them "play" within a 2-mile area....
They obviously don't care too much for them to let them run loose during deer season. I know what I'd do

backyardtndeer

Live trap, maybe? Or it is legal to run traps for yotes, if a dog happens into one of them, relocate it to the nearest pound. Whatever you do don't dump it somewhere and make it someone else's problem. Kinda hate to dispatch someone's dog, I know mine have gone visiting a time or two and karma can be a real.....

bigtex

I feel your pain!! Our nearest neighbors dog used to "follow" me to my stand, or would trail me and find me. It's frustrating to say the least. Their dog soon started hanging around here at the house more than it would hang around at it's owners. Problem solved!! I just lock it in the basement and turn it loose when I get in from the woods.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I know a guy that shoots literally every dog that he sees on his place.
He kills them then takes their collars off and hangs them on the owners mailbox.
He has also been known to mix hamburger meat and some chemical used in cotton production... think it started with a P, and leave it around and even drop balls of it off on the side of the road.
No way I could do that but it works for sure.

Safari Hunt

He kills them then takes their collars off and hangs them on the owners mailbox.
He has also been known to mix hamburger meat and some chemical used in cotton production... think it started with a P, and leave it around and even drop balls of it off on the side of the road.
That could be illegal, resulting in some serious stuff.

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
Dang that guy is a savage

Latest posts