CWD Buck Down

huntintn

bowhunterfanatic":3gel80t2 said:
Well a season long quest has finally come to an end. I missed this deer in October with my bow. After that I let the good hunter in the family take over. He spent all year chasing this one buck. I think last night marked the 6th time my brother had laid eyes on this buck before he was finally able to seal the deal. I kid him all the time about being lucky but he absolutely put his time in and earned this one. I was super pumped for him to finally end this deer's story. All in all he was missed once with a rifle last year and once with a bow this year. Then he was seen 3 times during gun season without offering a shot opportunity. We taped him out last night at 145, which is about 10 inches smaller than we thought he'd go, but we know for certain based on trail camera pictures and sheds this deer was at least 5.5 if not 6.5 years old, so he would've been a trophy regardless of rack size.

He was missed once with a rifle this year too, trust me I know......

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

tn24

huntintn":3rco33t0 said:
bowhunterfanatic":3rco33t0 said:
Well a season long quest has finally come to an end. I missed this deer in October with my bow. After that I let the good hunter in the family take over. He spent all year chasing this one buck. I think last night marked the 6th time my brother had laid eyes on this buck before he was finally able to seal the deal. I kid him all the time about being lucky but he absolutely put his time in and earned this one. I was super pumped for him to finally end this deer's story. All in all he was missed once with a rifle last year and once with a bow this year. Then he was seen 3 times during gun season without offering a shot opportunity. We taped him out last night at 145, which is about 10 inches smaller than we thought he'd go, but we know for certain based on trail camera pictures and sheds this deer was at least 5.5 if not 6.5 years old, so he would've been a trophy regardless of rack size.

He was missed once with a rifle this year too, trust me I know......

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk
Sounds like a interesting story. Care to share it?

BULL MOOSE

Andy S.":2sv5md3e said:
Great buck, congrats to your brother. I'm pretty sure OP is calling it a CWD buck because it was killed during the extended season in the CWD Zone (McNairy County).

It is an awesome deer. Odds are it is negative, but don't forget to post the test results.