Cicada Salad, Anyone?

redblood

nastiest thing i remember was cicada soup. i did an intern while i was in college at a coop. we had a water trough full of old nasty water that we used to find leaks in tires that we were gonna plug. that yr we had a MASSIVE cicada invasion. i bet there were 10,000 dead ones floating in that water and the smell i can still recall to this day even though its been a quarter century

MidTennFisher

Are you seeing a lot of them yet in TN? This morning I happened to notice a few underneath a tree branch. Looked more and saw that tree had probably a few hundred shells or actively molting cicadas underneath leaves on the branches. Since I'd already noticed it, I checked some other trees and saw the same.

I think things are about to get pretty noisy here!! Might be a good time to break out the flyrod because I know fish like to suck them off the surface of the water where they fall. But I have turkeys to kill first, for 3 more days.

BMan

nastiest thing i remember was cicada soup. i did an intern while i was in college at a coop. we had a water trough full of old nasty water that we used to find leaks in tires that we were gonna plug. that yr we had a MASSIVE cicada invasion. i bet there were 10,000 dead ones floating in that water and the smell i can still recall to this day even though its been a quarter century

I want to puke just reading your post...

Latest posts