bubba cordless "PRO" version

Hduke86

I've fileted tens of thousands of fish in my life and I will stick to the corded knives. Of course I have a cleaning station at my shop with water and a gfi receptacle so I don't have to pull out a cord every time.
Time out TIME THE HECK OUT!!!! You've been around @rem270 with those kinds of numbers. I mean I've heard it was hundreds of millions of fish but thanks for the humble brag.

WTM

What do you sharpen your fillet knife with?
a three way whetstone and finish with a 2000 grit japanese stone then while i use them im hitting them a few licks on a steel occasionally.

my wife and kids are so scared of my knives they wont even touch them. a sharp knife is a safe knife. just dont try to catch one if you drop it. just step away.

Headhunter

ive fileted hundreds of thousands and ive always been faster with a manual knife. but i keep mine so sharp theyll cut you if you look at them too long.
I would like to see you fillet a large hybrid or striper. Does a sharp knife cut through larger size bones easier than an electric knife? Just wondering.

Headhunter

I've fileted tens of thousands of fish in my life and I will stick to the corded knives. Of course I have a cleaning station at my shop with water and a gfi receptacle so I don't have to pull out a cord every time.
I have used many different corded knives. I think there has to be stronger corded knives, but I have not seen one as strong as the bubba pro cordless.

Pilchard

I would like to see you fillet a large hybrid or striper. Does a sharp knife cut through larger size bones easier than an electric knife? Just wondering.
If you fillet a fish properly, you don't have to cut through the rib bones. The only bones you cut through are the pin bones. See here:

Last edited:

WTM

large fish i dont cut through the ribs. no need to really unless you want to eat all the mercury and pcb that is stored in the belly fat.

the next big silver carp or gasper goo i catch ill make a video of it. the small white bass we have around here now i can cut right through easy but i have mad knife skills.

Latest posts