Archery only counties West Virginia

Bass1090

Some big Deer in the area. Very rough terrain. The locals don't take kindly to out of state hunters there. My uncle went twice. Had tires slashed both times. But that was 15-20 years ago.

If you go. Look me up. I'm not far from that area.
Very true about the locals. Don't think it's as bad as it used to be but would be careful parking on the side of a road in the wide open maybe.

I grew up next to these counties. Big deer, big mountains, big hollows and big poaching. My brother in law and his brothers have killed some good ones on a lease they had up until two years ago. He said you still hear tons of gun fire even though it's bow only.

I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from going but would encourage you to do some home work. Would be great to hunt someone's lease vs. public.

MidTennFisher

Some big Deer in the area. Very rough terrain. The locals don't take kindly to out of state hunters there. My uncle went twice. Had tires slashed both times. But that was 15-20 years ago.

If you go. Look me up. I'm not far from that area.
Dang, sounds like some of the stories I've heard about guys going to Arkansas to duck hunt. Need to buy a set of dummy WV plates off the innernets for temporary installment while you're hunting!

backstraps

I went and scouted a couple years ago
I met a wildlife officer and she was a great resource to speak with
There are a ton of acreage surrounding public that is huge corporate owned The locals told me most of it was leased for some type of recreation or another.

Lots a of bear!! WL Officer mentioned how the borders of the archery only counties get hammered by gun season. Told me the two biggest things were unauthorized use of ATV and poaching was off the charts

Plenty of public to get away from pressure if your will and legs can hold up

Latest posts