Anyone still shooting 12 gauge 3.5”

Displaced_Vol

Yeah I tote the 835 out every once in a while. I got a few boxes of 3.5 years ago when that was all I hunted and I hate not to get it out every once in a while

TboneD

Had a NEF Handi rifle in 270 Win. It was the first deer rifle I ever owned. Sent the action back to them and they fitted a 50 cal MZL barrel for it and also the little 12 ga turkey barrel chambered for 3.5" shells. The gun with that short little barrel didn't weigh 6 pounds if I recall and I might not be that smart, but I wasn't stupid enough to shoot any longer than 3" shells in it. They hurt bad enough as it was 😂

TheLBLman

I still have the 870 super mag pushing 2 1/2 oz of TSS rolled by yours truly. Is it overkill? Absolutely but I like it.
Sure don't know how anyone could "like" such heavy recoil for so little gain in range.
If I misjudge 40 and he's 45 it dont matter.
I can say that shooting 1 1/2 oz of TSS in my 20 gauges 😃
And truly "like" the mild recoil.

When I experimented with various 12 ga 3 1/2" turkey loads (years ago), with my Mossberg 935, the recoil wasn't too bad up to @ 1 3/4 & 1 7/8 oz payloads. But could definately tell a significant increase in "kick" going to the 2 oz Winchester Extended Range loads of those days. When I tried 2 1/4 oz loads, found it bone-jarring, even with a gas-operated autoloader.

No desire to try a 2 1/2 oz load! Nor to carry a heavy 12 ga gun.

Latest posts