who would be interested in a 1 buck limit

ImThere

I would be for reducing the does before I would reduce the buck limit again. Of course I would really be in favor of reduced cost of sportsman license

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbhunter

I understand both sides of the argument that is sure to come. :pop:

I rarely kill more than 1 buck and ALOT of years I don't kill any.

With that being said, i'm good with anything between 1-3 and could care less honestly. :tu:

TAFKAP

WTM":8mxk1sc5 said:
or possibly keep the 2 buck limit and adding earn a buck? maybe we could grow some quality bucks? of course this wouldnt apply to CWD zones.

Most wholeheartedly NOT ME

AT Hiker

Off the top of my head I think I'd rather have a 1-buck per weapon season (3 total) vs a 1-buck overall.

I hunt KY and a lot of other "1-buck" states and I really like it but....not everyone is able to do that.

1bow4me

My honest opinion, reduce the does by an earn a buck program. 3 Doe's in unit L gets you a buck tag. Other units 1 or 2 doe's gets a buck tag. Keep the buck limit at 2 or 3. Cwd zones excluded. Jmo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

duckduck84

AT Hiker":99fvfm8h said:
Off the top of my head I think I'd rather have a 1-buck per weapon season (3 total) vs a 1-buck overall.

I hunt KY and a lot of other "1-buck" states and I really like it but....not everyone is able to do that.

Biggest issue I see with that is you then give a small segment of people who use all 3 weapons and and have the money to buy 3 separate licenses an opportunity that few others get. I don't generally wade into this debate because I just hunt differently. I'm not quite brown and down, but I won't sit all season and get skunked because a 12 point doesn't walk out. I'm plenty happy to shoot a 6 point buck. I don't understand what people think going to a 1 buck limit is going to really do. Fewer and fewer people are hunting anyway as it is.

infoman jr.

I've hunted under a 1-buck limit for the past 10 years. It sucks. Got that 5 year old scraggly 8 at 30 yards? The one that's always pushing other bucks off of your mineral sites. Can't shoot him if you want to hold out for one of your "good" ones.

Shot a velvet buck? You're doe hunting for the next 4 months.

WG Taxidermist

ImThere":1i1o4vvx said:
I would be for reducing the does before I would reduce the buck limit again. Of course I would really be in favor of reduced cost of sportsman license

I agree with this.

THEdonkey0515

infoman jr.":kfm3xz1c said:
I've hunted under a 1-buck limit for the past 10 years. It sucks. Got that 5 year old scraggly 8 at 30 yards? The one that's always pushing other bucks off of your mineral sites. Can't shoot him if you want to hold out for one of your "good" ones.

I had that conversation yesterday with a guy. If they ever made tennessee a 1 buck state I'm sure someone would be real excited and happy the moment they kill a good velvet deer in late Augest. And real sad that first nice week on November when they got bigger bucks chasing all around them with only doe tags.

THEdonkey0515

duckduck84":1umd4466 said:
AT Hiker":1umd4466 said:

Biggest issue I see with that is you then give a small segment of people who use all 3 weapons and and have the money to buy 3 separate licenses an opportunity that few others get. I don't generally wade into this debate because I just hunt differently. I'm not quite brown and down, but I won't sit all season and get skunked because a 12 point doesn't walk out. I'm plenty happy to shoot a 6 point buck. I don't understand what people think going to a 1 buck limit is going to really do. Fewer and fewer people are hunting anyway as it is.
Sure feels like they are Alot less hunters when I was younger opening day 5am pulling into the local gas station to grab a drank it would be Full of hunters see 10 before you hit the road again you would know half of them... Now days only thing around a gas station at 5am is a crackhead, and a 18 year old cashier half asleep playing on his phone.

JCDEERMAN

THEdonkey0515":gq44z6j5 said:
infoman jr.":gq44z6j5 said:

I had that conversation yesterday with a guy. If they ever made tennessee a 1 buck state I'm sure someone would be real excited and happy the moment they kill a good velvet deer in late Augest. And real sad that first nice week on November when they got bigger bucks chasing all around them with only doe tags.

Yep - that's why I like the 2 buck limit and would love it to be permanent.

Last year, killed one in velvet, and made the decision to not step back in the woods until muzzleloader (made that decision before my boots hit the ground out of the stand to go recover him).

catman529

No, never.

Here's just one of several good bucks I've seen on public land that gets hunted hard with the statewide 2 buck limit.

a76ca41b81259ba688a057d489a2ffd9.jpg

We do grow quality bucks. Not all hunters want to wait for a giant, some just enjoy killing a deer whether it's big or small. The limits should reflect herd health and hunter opportunity.

I've never heard anyone with good knowledge of deer biology support earn-a-buck. That's a quick way to kill too many does just so people can shoot a buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts