Yuchi

lothar

Well my two boys got drawn this past weekend for a youth hunt. I went out Friday morning to listen and do a little scouting, in hopes of locating a few. I went to a spot that has held birds in the past, but never heard a thing. Then I made my way across from the checking station. Never heard a turkey, never saw a turkey, and never even saw a turkey track! Saturday we went in the bottoms where the pines are. Same as friday, nothing at all! Ran into the manager and talked to him. He said he's not seen many at all this year. Sunday we went in the ridges. Heard one just before fly down. Heard him a couple times after, but couldn't do anything with him. Didn't hear anybody shoot either day.

megalomaniac

Tough hunt. Thanks for the report. Sorry for your boys, but sounds like you got some great father-sons time in.

I've been scouting hard past 3 weeks here in MS. Haven't heard a single gobble yet. Not sure if they just aren't talking or aren't at all the places I've checked. Found one set of tracks that were from a big jake or small tom.

Been a really weird spring. Redbuds didn't even bloom, now dogwoods are flowering and azaleas are about to pop. Really warm here since the hard freeze a month ago. It's 70 deg right now as I'm perched above a creek hoping one fires off.

Madbowh

I've been working at the same house for the past 7 months in Blount County 30+acres counted 64 turkeys one day since about January they've been strutting hard and been grouped. The Tom's and Jake's been together admiring themselves in the patio door but they won't make a peep. About once a week I break out a call and see what they'll do and nothing yet, they definitely are interested they get about 30-50 yards from where I hide and then take off. A shame can't hunt this property they like watching them. I think it's still a couple weeks to early around here

Latest posts