Wide 6 point down. first bow buck.

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
I hunt with the bow till rifle season. Today was just another one of the reasons I do.

I hunt with the bow till rifle season. Today was just another one of the reasons I do.

Saw a doe this morning. passed her, never gave me a decent shot. Only deer I saw all morning. Got in the stand early this afternoon and the wind was howling. I look across the ridge to see this 6 point running making a bee line straight for me with his nose on the ground. Deer gets 60 yards away hits the breaks and starts smelling the ground where I had been an hour before, he came in the wrong way. Think it is over. He isnt alarmed or spooked, just turns and starts trotting parallel to me with his nose on the ground at 50 yards. Hit the can call and he stops again this time to look around. He then starts trotting down the ridge right to me. deer stops at 8 yards and I whack him. He runs 70 yards, does the hokey pokey and hits the dirt. Shot him at 3:50. This is my first buck with a bow an number 2 for this year. Slick tricks got him good.

Here's the setup
6pointsteup.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

LCU

Congrats Buckblaster!
It's a real feeling of accomplishment when you make a bow kill.
I agree with you.
Keep bow hunting and you will become a better all around hunter IMO.
As soon as I put 2 more in the freezer, I am bow hunting the rest of the season.

bobthebowhunter

LCU said:
Congrats Buckblaster!
It's a real feeling of accomplishment when you make a bow kill.
I agree with you.
Keep bow hunting and you will become a better all around hunter IMO.
As soon as I put 2 more in the freezer, I am bow hunting the rest of the season.

LCU get out there and bow hunt this weekend. It should be a great weekend.

Sorry for the hijack BB

Latest posts