Who Duck hunting Osceola, Arkansas area.

usanglure

Hey i'm looking into a Lease in Osceola, arkansas. Near the airport area. Anyone know anything about that area and if its a good Duck hunting area? any info be great....
thanks

Cache

2-Step Enabled
I don't know anything about that area but have hunted Arkansas for the last 17 years. You will see ducks but that doesn't mean you will kill them.

Can you drive over and watch one morning?

usanglure

Yes went over last Sunday, been in lease in Newport this past season. I enjoyed it, had Mossy Oak property, woods and creek behind our flooded field and they gave us permission for January to hunt it. but it's being sold and not much chance to hunt it again next year. So we are looking at lease a flooded field, guaranteed water south of airport. just not sure about it...

Trapper

Did you do any good in Newport ? I know some guys that hunt there and they said their season was bad, they said they didn't have any ducks . I think they was under a 100 this year .

usanglure

Well according to my other guys, this was my first year Duck hunting in 45years, im 64. I lived in Wynne during my high school years so i got to Duck hunt then, too poor to have good waders or warm clothes so i hated it for the most part...
we had a poor year out of our duck blind, best hunting was getting to walk back and hunt the creek/slough area... lots of woodies and a occassional Canada. We aren't going to lease it again, although it was a easy park, walk 50yds of water, took 4yo grandson one time, then 200 yards of levee to Wood Blind... flooded rice 20 acres.. So they tell me it was a poor blind/spot.

Attachments

• blind.jpg
    blind.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 130
  • slough.jpg
    slough.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 101
  • blindview.jpg
    blindview.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 112

Latest posts