What kind of fence to keep cattle out?

Matt74

I just put a 1/2 acre food plot and it is in a spot that will be grased by cattle for 2 months out of the year. What kind of fence should I put up? I am thinking of a 5 stran barb wire, but my consern is will this hender deer usage of the plot? Has anyone had any experience with the solar panel electric fence? I am a little concerned about the electric fence because of fear of the cattle tearing it down and getting into the plot. What do you think?

treehanger27

Deer will jump that barb wire with little to no effort. My dad tried the solar panel electric fence and had no luck with cattle. My food plot is not in a fence we are just going to keep cattle off of it as long as possable. Good Luck

156p&y

We use the tape type electric fence all year. It works just fine and if it can keep the cattle out like it did this year I think it proved itself.

HopALong

I agree with 156. Use the electric tape. I section off my pastures with only two stands about 18" and 3 foot high. Trust me... they will only try it a few times. I have a large solar charger but a small one should work just as well.

Latest posts