What is it with all the scraping?

BigAl

Some of the guys on our club mention how much scrapes and rubs they had been seeing around the end of Dec/First of Jan. I hunt on the same club at times a mile or so away, and I'm not seeing it. I think it has more to do with the terrain they hunt vs what I hunt.

BSK

Some of the guys on our club mention how much scrapes and rubs they had been seeing around the end of Dec/First of Jan. I hunt on the same club at times a mile or so away, and I'm not seeing it. I think it has more to do with the terrain they hunt vs what I hunt.
Interesting.

I just know I'm seeing MUCH more scraping this late in the year than I've ever seen. The top three bucks left alive on my place are hitting scrapes absolutely every day.

Ski

I just know I'm seeing MUCH more scraping this late in the year than I've ever seen. The top three bucks left alive on my place are hitting scrapes absolutely every day.

Same here. Even a few of the yearlings are still hitting scrapes, both licking branches and pawing the ground. It's not like last two weeks of October but it's a lot more than I'm used to seeing this late in the season.

BSK

Same here. Even a few of the yearlings are still hitting scrapes, both licking branches and pawing the ground. It's not like last two weeks of October but it's a lot more than I'm used to seeing this late in the season.
Yearlings are following right behind older guys and tearing up the scrapes too. Especially those on food plot edges. They're getting hit 5-6 times a day.

Livin2hunt

Seeing the same. Up north in Illinois also. Mature bucks are still mad at each other and fighting pretty hard. Our place looks like a junk yard up there with all the broke off racks...😂

BSK

I'm not sure if it's normal and I've just missed it in the past, but I'm seeing a ton of sparring still as well. Right now, can't have bucks in a food plot at night without multi-buck sparring matches breaking out.

Quailman

I'm not sure if it's normal and I've just missed it in the past, but I'm seeing a ton of sparring still as well. Right now, can't have bucks in a food plot at night without multi-buck sparring matches breaking out.
We're seeing the same thing, especially on my Illinois farm. The primary scrapes where we have cell cams have been active almost the entire season since late October. We saw a little bit of a lull the last 2 weeks of December, but they're continuing to see use both day and night. Pretty interesting, and I just had a really nice 4 year old visiting this morning. Had a 2 year old check same the same scrape at 1:05 p.m. this afternoon.

tellico4x4

Saturday night

451735c8-1405-44d9-9838-4f5dfb500216.jpg

Latest posts