Well that's a nice shot in the arm!

PalsPal

BTW, some on the Mich boards are accusing us of cheating :rotf: !

Vols land former 5-star, Michigan DT transfer Aubrey Solomon

USA TODAY Sports
Jesse Simonton • VolQuest.com
@JesseReSimonton

Tennessee's quest for beef didn't stop with four defensive line additions Wednesday, as the Vols surprised many in the college football world with a big splash on the transfer market Friday.

Former 5-star tackle and Michigan lineman Aubrey Solomon announced his decision to join the Vols.

Tennessee immediately confirmed the news.

Solomon was ranked as the nation's No. 31 prospect in the 2017 class. The former Lee County High (Ga.) played in 13 games for Michigan that season, recording 18 tackles. He was limited to just five games last year, battling a lingering knee injury.

The 6-foot-3, 287-pound tackle has plenty of connections to Tennessee's staff, as Jeremy Pruitt (Alabama), Kevin Sherrer and Tracy Rocker (UGA) and Chris Rumph (Florida) were all his primary recruiters two years ago.

Solomon currently has two years of eligibility remaining and will seek a hardship wavier with the NCAA to become eligible to play in 2019.

gator-n-buck

:shock:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181222-083324_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20181222-083324_Samsung Internet.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,557

wayne

gator-n-buck":1qg4wjn3 said:
He missed most of this session due to injury. But you already knew that.
Luckily, Michigan had good depth at dl so there was no reason to rush him back into playing.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

gator-n-buck

wayne":29s8r1no said:
gator-n-buck":29s8r1no said:
He missed most of this session due to injury. But you already knew that.
Luckily, Michigan had good depth at dl so there was no reason to rush him back into playing.

What I know is I stand by my quote and he has not had a very productive career so far, as a 5 star. Injuries are part of the game and it's unfortunate but it doesn't change that he has shown little or no production on the college level.

Here's what I do know. UF has more BC players signed then 3 stars and TN has more 3 stars signed then BC. Are we looking st CBJ 2.0... ?

PalsPal

Wayne beat me to it. GNB would make a great politician with his half-truth ramblings to try, in his own mind, to make an Internet point. Typical.

Greatly looking forward to his spin on this statement, "You can't be productive when you aren't on the field!" How many gator players have been productive while injured ;) ?

TN has had more than its share of 5 star busts but does that mean we stop taking them especially at a position of great need :pop: ?

(This ought to be good :D )

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

wayne

Butch sucked because he was star-struck and didn't get players to fill the needs. Pruitt sucks because he gets players to fill needs and didn't get enough blue-chippers to satisfy rival fans.
Got it.
I know Michigan fans are really pissed.

gator-n-buck

PalsPal":14msbinj said:
Wayne beat me to it. GNB would make a great politician with his half-truth ramblings to try, in his own mind, to make an Internet point. Typical.

Greatly looking forward to his spin on this statement, "You can't be productive when you aren't on the field!" How many gator players have been productive while injured ;) ?

TN has had more than its share of 5 star busts but does that mean we stop taking them especially at a position of great need :pop: ?

(This ought to be good :D )

Lol... I guess I forgot my orange color glasses.... :rotf: I'm just not ready to hang his name in the stadium yet. Of course the article does say former 5 star... :mrgreen:

gator-n-buck

PalsPal":187wkfjm said:
Aren't ALL 5 Stars "former" 5 stars once they get to college ;) :D ?

Not at TN because they have 5 star hearts... thanks for the under-handed pitch.... :rotf:

Attachments

• cartoon-fishing-rod-hooked-fish-illustration-design-element-52220390.jpg
    cartoon-fishing-rod-hooked-fish-illustration-design-element-52220390.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,361

PillsburyDoughboy

PalsPal":dgwqv9qc said:
BTW, some on the Mich boards are accusing us of cheating :rotf: !

Vols land former 5-star, Michigan DT transfer Aubrey Solomon

USA TODAY Sports
Jesse Simonton • VolQuest.com
@JesseReSimonton

Tennessee's quest for beef didn't stop with four defensive line additions Wednesday, as the Vols surprised many in the college football world with a big splash on the transfer market Friday.

Former 5-star tackle and Michigan lineman Aubrey Solomon announced his decision to join the Vols.

Tennessee immediately confirmed the news.

Solomon was ranked as the nation's No. 31 prospect in the 2017 class. The former Lee County High (Ga.) played in 13 games for Michigan that season, recording 18 tackles. He was limited to just five games last year, battling a lingering knee injury.

The 6-foot-3, 287-pound tackle has plenty of connections to Tennessee's staff, as Jeremy Pruitt (Alabama), Kevin Sherrer and Tracy Rocker (UGA) and Chris Rumph (Florida) were all his primary recruiters two years ago.

Solomon currently has two years of eligibility remaining and will seek a hardship wavier with the NCAA to become eligible to play in 2019.

Always Cheat always win.

Latest posts