Watch those bow limbs

fairchaser

My third hunt of the season and finally had a doe come in. I knew I was gonna be close to the tree with the Xbow limb. It's an Excalibur so it's pretty wide, not one of those narrow bows with pulleys. But it was clear so I focused on the vitals but the angle was wrong. She took a few more steps and turned broadside. Unfortunately the few more steps brought the limb closer to the tree. You know what happened. For the first time ever, my Xbow kicked like a 12 gauge.

I had no idea where the bolt went but amazingly it was pretty close to where the deer was standing. I'm just glad I missed her clean!

I've done the same thing with my compound bow on the rail. But it been awhile.

Bell3wv

My third hunt of the season and finally had a doe come in. I knew I was gonna be close to the tree with the Xbow limb. It's an Excalibur so it's pretty wide, not one of those narrow bows with pulleys. But it was clear so I focused on the vitals but the angle was wrong. She took a few more steps and turned broadside. Unfortunately the few more steps brought the limb closer to the tree. You know what happened. For the first time ever, my Xbow kicked like a 12 gauge.

I had no idea where the bolt went but amazingly it was pretty close to where the deer was standing. I'm just glad I missed her clean!

I've done the same thing with my compound bow on the rail. But it been awhile.
I've been there. When I was 16 my dad bought me an Oneida Screaming Eagle with those wonky folding limbs. It was fasssst! I'll be it was lobbing East XX75s at 200 fps🤣 The bottom limb hit the climber of my treestand. There was an explosion, when I opened my eyes, my bow was gone. It took me a few seconds to see a tangled mess of strings, cables, and limbs about 8 feet above me in an adjacent tree. I had to come back with a chainsaw to retrieve it and sent it back to Oneida in a little box. Their service rep called when they received it and was laughing when he opened it. He told me they see it all the time either from hitting a treestand or racks on atvs.

Atchman2

Glad you are safe! I use ground blinds a lot, and I think all of them have a hole where the arrow went through the sides. Most of the time it wasn't me, but the guy I was with. I warn them, but they get excited and SPRANG! 😁