vintage Ben Pearson ""Rogue"" bow info

deerjackie

I recently got a package deal on some sporting goods and in the deal i got a Ben Pearson rogue 7058. On the riser it says amo 58'' 40# 28'' what do all these numbers mean? I am pretty sure about the 40# at 28 in but is 58 the string length? The string is like new and this is the first hunting recurve i have owned,normally shoot compound but it was a deal i had to take all to get one of what i wanted.Thanks for your help.

Nimrod777

You will need to use a string 4" shorter than the AMO measurement, so in your case, a 54" recurve string rated for 40# or greater. And yeah, it will be pulling approximately 40# at a 28" draw, and poundage will be greater or lesser as draw length increases or decreases.

Go ahead and get you a bow stringer while you're shopping for strings. Will make it much easier to string and unstring.

Have fun!

deerjackie

thanks,it has a new knocked string and the bow is unstrung.shelf pad could stand replacing and it cleaned up nice.Will be hanging in the antlers till i find a stringer or take it and have it strung.I have heard not to string it without a stringer which could damage bow. I started shooting my 2 yr old hunting bow yesterday with great results so this bow may be an after season project but i do have a doen uncut 55/75 gold tip traditionals that i got for near nothing last year that would look good in a limb quiver on this old bow. Waxed the string and cleaned riser and limbs and looking for a quiver today.Will be a learning experience to say the least

Nimrod777

Hope to hear good things!
When I was around some shooters as a kid, we always just stepped through and bent the bow around a leg, or if it was light enough, put one end in a foot arch and slid the string up the bow. But a stringer will keep you from torquing a bow or grinding a tip into the ground.

Saw a fella on eBay had one for sale yesterday that was just paracord and a couple leather patches, so I'm gonna see about making my own stringer here shortly. I am one cheap summagun! :D

deerjackie

Where can i find a decent priced limb mounted quiver for this pearson rogue?I have a dozen of un cut gold tip 55/75 traditionals that fell in my lap and would shoot and look better on it than my 2 yr old compound,yea this thing is growing on me.

Latest posts