V bar climbing stands?

ragebrother30

i had someone the other day if i wanted to buy a climber. i was like sure i can always use another one. but come to find out it was a v bar climber...a older one. whats yall opinion on these. i told him i would get back to him this weekend.

huntingsonny

its maybe a cougar claw, summit made them first back in the early 80's.when you move around in them they make a lot of noise . dose it have a seat that raise up&down and the gun rest raise up&down

jakeway

I don't think th eV bar itself was the problem with Baker; it was the way the bar attached to the platform and it just didn't get the right angle to grip properly. I think the older V bar Summits and the Cougar CLAWS were plenty safe and stable. The newer cable and chain systems are just lighter and quieter, and easier to use. (No bolts to thread and drop in the dark.)

stik

i have one of the old v-bar summitts i still use and still love it. just as safe as any newer stand i have been in. it is not the one with the fold-up seat although i have one of those too that i don't use.

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
I have one of the first steel summit vipers that has vbars. It weighs in the mid 30's and is huge. But its like a recliner cemeted in the tree :D

Also have a summit with a hand climber with a fold up seat like stik.

They are a little more cumbersome that cables, but are still good stands.

ShaneHallum

I used to climb with one of them, but after several times of being on my hands and knees looking for wingnuts in the dark, I switched to a better stand.

I felt solid in the stand.. just didn't like putting it together.

Latest posts