Triple beard

Acorn

IMG_0888.jpeg
It's been a hard afternoon hunting. We heard one gobbling several times but just couldn't pinpoint him for the wind. We moved around to several spots calling and listening. We got board and started hunting morels why we were listening. Found several more morels but decided to hit one more spot to call before coming out. I made a couple series of calls but nothing. So we were about to get up and head out. Then I hear an ambulance in the distance. As it got closer I heard one shock gobble about 200 yards away. We run up about 50 yards and set up. I made two series of yelps and he gobbled at 150 yards in front of use. I told my boy I could hear one spitting and drumming. I looked to my left and he is strutting at fifty yards. I did another series of light yelps and here he comes. He strutted in to 30 yards and hung up on a barb wire fence. He is comfortable shooting at that distance so he went ahead and took him. This bird came in quiet and quick. I love one coming in spitting and drumming! Great opening day to season. 10 1/2, 5 3/4 and 2 1/8 beards 1 inch spurs

Latest posts