Tobacco

Carlos

Remember, I forgot who said it first, but It doesn't have to be fun to be FUN.

mike243

You need a allotment to sell it, grow all you want as far as I know. my great grandpa always sold between Thanksgiving and Christmas. My inlaws use to have a allotment and let somebody else use it, haven't seen any being grown here in several years, it's a pretty much dead end crop these days for eTn

7mm08

You need an allotment to sell it, grow all you want as far as I know. my great grandpa always sold between Thanksgiving and Christmas. My inlaws use to have a allotment and let somebody else use it, haven't seen any being grown here in several years, it's a pretty much dead end crop these days for eTn
Burley yes, flu cured I would think is still in demand. ( disclaimer…, I grew up in flu cured land of VA).

Acorn

We grew tobacco while I was growing up. It wasn't fun but I sure wouldn't going to let my brothers beat me to the end of a row. We were very competitive. It didn't matter what we were doing. Pulling slips, suckering, cutting or stripping. I still love and miss the smell of it! Hard work!!!

224 Valkyrie

We grew tobacco when I was growing up and into my early adulthood. We grew Burley, sold that before Christmas. We also grew Dark Fired tobacco. It sold after the first of the year. Think the Burley went mostly in cigarettes, the Dark Fired mostly into snuff. Though time or two we grew some that sold as wrapper tobacco for cigars. My uncle raised Dark fired tobacco and One Sucker. The One Sucker looked kinda like Dark Fired, but you didn't fire it. My uncle said it all went over seas. I don't know what they did with it. My uncle lived in Robertson County. Back in the day that was real tobacco country. Seems like tobacco is now raised by just a few, raising 50 acres or so Glad Im out of it. Lol

Latest posts