The .45 caliber

iowavf

I've had my 45 Encore for several years and chose it for longer range shooting. With a 223 platinum and 3 777 pellets it drops maybe 1 1/2" at the most at 200 yards. I have several areas where I have to set up 200 yards away from where the deer move because you just can't get any closer and still see any deer. I have the .300 grain platinums that I'll be trying this summer to see what kind og drop they have. The .275 are tips use to drop about 2 1/2" at 200 yards so the .300 shouldn't be to far from that.

PDenning25

I have a .45 Knight and it drops them
Got 2 deer with it so far and didnt have to track either
I will be trying new loads for this season cause the power belts just didnt perform as i wanted them to
They are easy to load but I think they sould have passed clean thru at 50 yards
I have been looking real close at Precision Rifle in .357
I liked there balliistic report
Pat

rukiddin

I have a Knight 45. Before that I had a traditions 45. Killed tons of deer with both. My knight is a tack driver. Its the older style with the silver bolt action and shoots the disc's. Killed a buck on the opener last year and two coyotes that evening. 2nd coyote was 88yds. Not real far but I was proud. I shoot 2 50gr pellets and a 240 hornady sst.

rem270

Mathews Hunter said:
I do but I am considering going with the fifty caliber this year.

im definately going with the .50 this year. i bought an encore with the .45 and hate it. hard to find bullets other than powerbelts and after losing 2 deer from them this past season im finished.

so anybody lookin for a .45 encore barrel make me an offer. its stainless

CHRIS WILSON

Never did like powerbelts. The results I got, even with the .50, weren't all that great. I shot a 285 gr. Great Plains out of the .45. Went to shooting Barnes bullets and 410 gr. GP conicals out of the .50. Talk about laying down the law.

rukiddin

I started out shooting the powerbelts, never lost a deer but I did'nt get the damage I wanted either. Swithed to the 240gr hornady sst's and they are some bad dudes, I even handloaded the sst's in my 260. I've probably killed 35 deer with my 45 and never lost a deer, only had 3 I can think of make it out of sight.

Bullets are getting harder to find, but there out there, BPS, Gander mountain, midsouth shooters supply, all carry the hornady 45's. Just do like I do, just clean of the shelves when you find some.

Big J

I shoot a Knight 45 disc extreme. Hornady sst! Or Shockwaves! Shot 2 deer with them and neither took another step! Shot that 8 pointer last year and he hit the dirt kicking!
Have not found a deer yet that can hold them so I ain't switching till I do!

Latest posts