T/C Icon .243 weathershield + Nikon Prostaff 5 scope +ammo - ready to hunt!

Cotis

I have decided to sell some things I rarely use, cannot believe I am selling this one as it and a Tikka are the two most accurate rifles I own. I picked up this rifle in 2013 and haven't shot but three or four boxes of ammo through it in 10 years. I am selling this as a "ready to hunt" setup - rifle, scope, rings, extra magazine and three boxes of your choice of ammo. $800 I do not want to ship.

If you don't know about the Thompson Center Icon bolt action rifle you should read up on it on the interwebs. It is not a cheap plastic rifle like a Ruger, Mossberg, or Savage. It was T/C's premier bolt action rifle - receiver with machined-in scope bases, tank-like 3 lug bolt. The Hogue stock has a built-in 3 lug aluminum bedding block for the whole length of the receiver. The barrel has 5R rifling, which is amazing. All of this makes for an incredibly accurate rifle. Last time I shot it at MSSA I shot a 1" 3 shot group at 200 yards while checking zero. Amazingly it shoots 85 to 100 grain bullets to pretty much same point of impact at 100 yards. Obviously the lighter ones will drop quicker at longer yardage, but it is such a "point and shoot" rifle it is almost boring. My chronograph notes show 95gr Federal Fusion ammo at 2,800fps average, Federal Premium 85g Sierra Gameking BTHP at 3,100fps, and Federal Blue Box Power Shok 100gr soft points at 2,960fps. These Power Shoks are the ones I used the few time I hunted with this rifle, I have many boxes of them. Barrel is 24" long. Stock is a factory Hogue soft touch stock with a very soft 1" Hogue buttpad. The finish is what T/C called "weathershield" which I believe is a stainless color cerakote. It is definitely a tough all weather rifle. I have the original rifle box and all paperwork including the factory target, picture posted.

The bolt handle is removable, one can purchase aftermarket handles and knobs if desired. The Icon and Venture models use the same bolt handles. For example:
https://gladesarmory.com/product/thompson-center-venture-icon-knurled-black-anodized/

The Nikon scope is a Prostaff 5 4.5-18x40mm with the Nikon BDC reticle. Scope has adjustable parallax and an illuminated center-dot reticle which is adjustable for brightness and color - red or green. I checked it out today with fresh battery, it works perfectly. I have the original box with all the accessories - tall target MOA turrets with caps, sunshade (never out of wrapping), and instructions. The scope is mounted with a set of Burris Signature Zee 1" scope rings which have the "eyeball" posi-loc inserts. The Nikon Spot On software app is available for computers and mobile phones. Select the model of scope, the bullet (it's BC value), and bullet velocity - the app will provide drop chart for all the reticle points. Works really well - I took a deer at 452 yards using this scope on a .308 rifle years ago.

The entire setup weighs 9lb 4oz as shown in the photo.

I have many different brands and grain weight of ammo. You will have your choice of three boxes, we can negotiate if you want to purchase more.

I have a bunch of photos, it will take a few responses to get them all posted. I feel this is an amazing price for a quality ready to hunt rig.

Again - selling this as a "ready to hunt" setup - rifle, scope, rings, extra magazine and three boxes of your choice of ammo. $800 I do not want to ship.

Attachments

• IMG_0027.JPEG
    IMG_0027.JPEG
    296.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0028.JPEG
    IMG_0028.JPEG
    304.9 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0029.JPEG
    IMG_0029.JPEG
    212.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0030.JPEG
    IMG_0030.JPEG
    193.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0031.JPEG
    IMG_0031.JPEG
    222.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0033.JPEG
    IMG_0033.JPEG
    263.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0034.JPEG
    IMG_0034.JPEG
    99.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Cotis

last of images. Illuminated center dot on scope and Nikon Spot On app yardage drops using 100 grain Federal Power Shoks.

Attachments

• IMG_0120.JPEG
    IMG_0120.JPEG
    46.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0121.JPG
    IMG_0121.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0122.PNG
    IMG_0122.PNG
    40.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited: