Southeastern Rendezvous

Smo

I think things went well from what I saw….
Folks were enjoying their selves and several camps had trade blankets with various types of accoutrements..
Yes attendance was down for a major event and it was humid& hot and it rained..
Nothing new for a Tn rondy in May..

I just spent another 5 nights under cavas and it was hot & humid some of the time and cool at night.. Yes it rained there too…👍

Several members of a club I belong too in N Ms were there, some camped but most had made prior commitments before the SE was scheduled and only visited for the day.

As too the road, it wasn't that steep or loose or rough..
Dusty.. yep.
At least until shortly after we pulled out I'm told..

I drove my Wife's 2021 3 cylinder Buick in and out … twice.
Never spun a tire…

And yes, the turbo charged 3 cylinder will spin the tires!🤣👍

I snagged a nice tanned deer pelt for $25 , so I'm not complaining.👍

Flint

I think it was a good rendezvous and everyone I spoke with said that they really enjoyed it and hoped we would have it here next year. The weather wasn't bad in my opinion. It was hot during the day but cool/cold at night. I had to break out the sleeping bag.

The two food vendors set up on the Tuesday before the rendezvous and left the next day. They aren't really rendezvous'ers but they are chasing the money. They won't be invited back if I have any say about it. Most folks (except the camp dogs) cook their own food anyway.

One vendor decided not to come because of the drive. I wish he had talked to me because there is another access that he could have used with his long trailer. That access is across my neighbors property and I'm sure he would have given permission for a few vehicles to cross.

We had a great archery range and gun range, both were woods walk.

Like Smo said, there were plenty of places to spend your money and I spent too much.

Flint

20220526_175302.jpg
20220521_060232.jpg
20220518_191743.jpg

Latest posts