Something to do with your spurs.....

pigpen

Well I had this done back in May and had been meaning to post it but never got it out of my truck to do so. I got the legs mounted with my first bird, gave the 2nd fan mount and spurs to my mom to put in the house, and had the other 4 sets on the legs. Well I didn't do anything with them and they were all nice spurs, being at least 1 1/4in. Well I seen something on here that someone had done that was similar and I liked it enough that I took the idea and altered it. This is what I came up with.......

Got a leather piece and folded it in half, placed matching spurs on opposite sides of the lace, tied them together with fishing line, tied the leather piece in a knot, slid a NWTF leg band on to some feathers that were tied together, ran the feathers up inside the leg bone as far as they could go fitting snug, and ran end of leather through leg band and tied another knot. Hung it from the mirror in my truck. Turned out pretty neat looking!

DSC03154.jpg

DSC03168.jpg

DSC03165.jpg

pigpen

Yes the right and left spurs are a match, I attached the matching spurs with some fishing line by placing them the way they are and tying them together.

Latest posts