Slingin arrows!

Mama Doe

Ok I have a Horton Summit and I can't get it sighted in! I chase the arrows they are all the same so are the broadheads. I shoot once and it hits perfect then I can shoot ten more times and I will have arrows everywhere! I don't know what to do. Its also a red dot.

AllOutdoors

1.Check to make sure the red dot is attached securely.2. Check string, limbs, and cams to make sure everything looks ok.3. Try another site. If 1 and 3 doesn't work, it has to be number 2.

jw0312

SharpEyeGirl said:
No I pull it back myself. I keep it lubed and string waxed.

That might be your problem. You may be putting too much stress on one side versus the other. I'd definitely suggest trying a rope cocker. I've never tried cocking one by hand, mainly because of so many people talking about having the very same problem you are experiencing.

Dienamic

Yup. That'll throw you all over the place. If you have to chocolate chip cookie by hand put some witness marks on the string with a sharpie. That will help you line the string up a little more consistently. Best course of action is to head to wallyworld and pick up a rope cocker. They are dirt cheap...

spctbone

2-Step Enabled
Dienamic said:
Yup. That'll throw you all over the place. If you have to chocolate chip cookie by hand put some witness marks on the string with a sharpie. That will help you line the string up a little more consistently. Best course of action is to head to wallyworld and pick up a rope cocker. They are dirt cheap...
X2!