Shotshell Prices

mike52

Haven't dove hunted in a few years but got invited to a farm that normally has a good shot. Stopped by Academy just to see prices. Case of Winchester 7 1/2 20 ga 10 boxes $99.99. Followed up with a trip to Wally World same load but Federal brand case of 100 shells 4 boxes $ 34.99. Guess I will not be doing any sky basting only sure shots.

Displaced_Vol

Honestly, and sadly that's not that bad nowadays. I'm assuming those are the super x or generic field & target loads. I saw those for $149.99 and up the past two years. They used be $69 for a case & you could get AAs for $79 or $89 with the rebate they used to do. Oh well.

I saw federal 16 ga field & target for $17/box yesterday and grabbed two of them. I'll get more next week if they still have some.

TAFKAP

Honestly, and sadly that's not that bad nowadays. I'm assuming those are the super x or generic field & target loads. I saw those for $149.99 and up the past two years. They used be $69 for a case & you could get AAs for $79 or $89 with the rebate they used to do. Oh well.

I saw federal 16 ga field & target for $17/box yesterday and grabbed two of them. I'll get more next week if they still have some.

I saw some HEAVY loads at Sportsmans Warehouse in Southaven this past week for $18/box. 1-1/4oz #7-1/2 @ 1500 fps or something nuts.

I don't hate myself, or doves, that much to tear my shoulder up at dang near $0.75/trigger pull

TNJones4530

2-Step Enabled
Haven't dove hunted in a few years but got invited to a farm that normally has a good shot. Stopped by Academy just to see prices. Case of Winchester 7 1/2 20 ga 10 boxes $99.99. Followed up with a trip to Wally World same load but Federal brand case of 100 shells 4 boxes $ 34.99. Guess I will not be doing any sky basting only sure shots.
Where are you located? Probably have several boxes of target loads that'll work for dove.

Latest posts