Scaffold Tower w/ casters

Shag

Hey guys. My grandpa is wanting to sell his scaffold. He retired several years ago and it's just taking up space in their barn. There's 8 sections, all required cross braces, 5 walkboards and 8 casters. He said when it's all assembled as one unit, it'll reach to 30 or 35 feet best he remembered.

I have worked off of it before, helping him run electric and gas lines in red iron buildings. It's solid as a rock. He never spared any expense when it came to buying tools to get the job done before he retired. He said he paid over $3k for it 30+ years ago. He would like to get $900 for it. Local pick up in Baxter only.

Any questions I'll do my best to answer. Or I'll give you his number to ask him specifically.
IMG_2446.jpeg
IMG_2447.jpeg
IMG_2448.jpeg

Last edited:

Snake

Hey guys. My grandpa is wanting to sell his scaffold. He retired several years ago and it's just taking up space in their barn. There's 8 sections, all required cross braces, 6 walkboards and 8 casters. He said when it's all assembled as one unit, it'll reach to 30 or 35 feet best he remembered.

I have worked off of it before, helping him run electric and gas lines in red iron buildings. It's solid as a rock. He never spared any expense when it came to buying tools to get the job done before he retired. He said he paid over $3k for it 30+ years ago. He would like to get $900 for it. Local pick up in Baxter only.

Any questions I'll do my best to answer. Or I'll give you his number to ask him specifically.
View attachment 214871
View attachment 214870
View attachment 214872
Seems like a fair price for those that need scaffolding. Siding contractors, painters and such need that .

Shag

Seems like a fair price for those that need scaffolding. Siding contractors, painters and such need that .
Thanks Snake. He asked me if I knew anybody interested. Obviously, I didn't. And I don't do FB so I thought I'd list them here for him.

JBell

What size does it make? Are they 5' wide and 7' apart? Wondering if they will fit with what I already have

Shag

What size does it make? Are they 5' wide and 7' apart? Wondering if they will fit with what I already have
I should have put a tape on everything before I posted. But he asked me twice today if I had listed them for sale for him so I just went ahead and did it. I'll go measure everything in the morning.

JBell

Looks like 4' tall bucks too. If you will verify this, it would be appreciated

Shag

I think it will be 5x7. The sections measure 5', center to center of the upright poles and 61" top to bottom (not counting the inserted portion). The walk boards measure 7' center to center of the hooks that hang on to the scaffolding. So, I guess it'd just be a little over 20' tall with all sections put together. Casters will gain you about another foot. Maybe he said he could work to 30' off of them rather than them actually being 30'…my mistake on that.

MoonBuzzard

I think it will be 5x7. The sections measure 5', center to center of the upright poles and 61" top to bottom (not counting the inserted portion). The walk boards measure 7' center to center of the hooks that hang on to the scaffolding. So, I guess it'd just be a little over 20' tall with all sections put together. Casters will gain you about another foot. Maybe he said he could work to 30' off of them rather than them actually being 30'…my mistake on that.
I thought that sounded more accurate when you first posted per the pics but I didn't want to criticize .

Shag

There's 8 sections, all required cross braces, 5 walk boards (I said 6 initially, but he wants to keep one) and 8 casters.

MoonBuzzard

That was my mistake. I don't like trying to sell things for someone else cause I end up not knowing what in the hell Im talking about. 😂
Well I strained my eyes for several minutes trying to put them all together lol. I got a big barn needing a repair at about 25' and am seriously considering them .

Shag

Well I strained my eyes for several minutes trying to put them all together lol. I got a big barn needing a repair at about 25' and am seriously considering them .
Shoot me a PM with an offer if you think it's too high. I'll relay it to him. Or give you his phone number to call and talk directly to him…cut out the middle man that don't know yugo from shoe polish on things of this nature. 😂

Huntaholic

Folks, for those interested, this is a DANDY set of scaffolds. Ive spent many an hour in them. I used to work for my FIL at times in the winter when I was broke and it was too wet to log. We did a lot of commercial work with these. Eventually the time to roll them around inside a walmart or a Roses, (remember those stores?) became too time consuming so we started just renting a mobile set that could be controlled from the top remotely.
I also used this set CONSTANTLY when we were building my house to stain and work on my cathedral ceiling inside the house. They are certainly GTG!

Latest posts