Food Plots Ragweed

jeff ll

So my plots are being taken over by ragweed or golden rod. What can I spray that.will not harm the clover or grasses that make up the.plots?

TheLBLman

If it's ragweed, I wouldn't worry about it in my clover plots. Ragweed is very high in protein, and often even preferred by deer over clover.

By the way, most broadleaf "weeds" are very nutritional and highly beneficial to your deer.

BlountArrow

Wes Parrish said:
If it's ragweed, I wouldn't worry about it in my clover plots. Ragweed is very high in protein, and often even preferred by deer over clover.

By the way, most broadleaf "weeds" are very nutritional and highly beneficial to your deer.

Bada-bing Bada-boom. X2

jeff ll

I did not know that ragweed was preferred by deer. I have never seen deer or anything eat it. Well guess you learn something new from time to time. there is just so much of it. The ragweed has just about taken over one of my plots though but if deer eat it guess be best to leave it.

BSK

Hunter 257W said:
2-4D-B will kill broadleaf weeds but not clover. Be double sure you don't get regular 2-4D though.

Have you tried it on Crimson Clover? The label doesn't specifically mention that variety.

Hunter 257W

BSK said:
Hunter 257W said:
2-4D-B will kill broadleaf weeds but not clover. Be double sure you don't get regular 2-4D though.

Have you tried it on Crimson Clover? The label doesn't specifically mention that variety.

No, I've only used it on Whitetail Institute Imperial as far as I can recall. Should be OK as I understand it (2-4DB)won't harm any legume but that is just an educated guess. :)

danny1975

BlountArrow said:
Wes Parrish said:

Bada-bing Bada-boom. X2

X3