Proposed Muzzleloader Season

ewc

I like the season as proposed.

I would like to see the minimum bore size restrictions (currently @ .40) removed.

I would build a 7mm muzzleloader. :cool:

jakeway

I haven't read the proposal, but I guess it's bound to happen. I miss the old days of bow and ML being truely unique, but now days it seems more people hunt ML than rifle-only.

Do you think they will triple the license fees when they go to just plain "deer hunting"? Or maybe have three permits; one for Oct, one for Nov, and one for Dec? If it was just one license, I wouldn't buy sportsman's license anymore.

Boone 58

I liked it the way it was....Only after this season is over will i be able to compare it accurately but me thinks it was better the way it was.

Stalker

I like being able to take a doe with my ML the first week and then be able to still go after a buck with my ML. I also think that Archery, ML & Gun all need their own separate time frames to hunt.

(in response to eliminating ML and haveing gun only season)
Yes, modern ML are very accurate and can shoot longer distances (up to 200 yrds for average shooter with range time) but comparing apples to apples a mordern ML is no comparison at all to centerfires. They are two totaly different weapons with more differences than simularities. However I would agree that the season should be "black powder" season (Substitutes included) and not "Muzzle Loader" season

Latest posts