Propagating

BClark66

Anyone have any tips on propagating? Want to do this with some blackberry bushes and roses. From what I am seeing on google its something that should be done late summer/early fall so basically now.

Chapman

Blackberries can be rooted by sticking the tip of a cane in soil and letting it root. I have not done it, I'm sure there are Youtube video explaining it and also on rooting roses from cuttings. I would look at several of them, lots of Youtube videos from people with little knowledge so watch the ones that look legit. I mainly root fig tree cuttings and a few lemon tree cuttings. You can also dig up around a clump of blackberries and separate out plants with roots when they go dormant.

Omega

I am going to try and get a branch to root using these, I got them for my apple trees, but will try them out on the rose bushes too. They seem the easiest way to do it, and it should work on berry bushes too. But I have successfully got cuttings to work with hormone powder, cinnamon works too. Stuck some directly into potting soil, a potato, and even a 2-litter bottle as a terrarium. Got them to root, but they didn't survive long after transplanting. I think I tried too late in the year, may try again in the springtime, when the plants are growing.

1695445573835.png

1695446191908.png

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

DaveB

There are many Rose Societies with how-to pages, highly recommended. Several attempts of my own failed but the root is your secret. The union bud needs a special paste of root growth accelerator stuff.

See if you can create a new variety that has no thorns but plenty of fragrance and is disease resistant. Best of success-get creative!!

Latest posts