Pronghorn

AT Hiker

Haven't done much taxidermy lately, my other job has been a bit of a pain. Fortunately I'm working on fixing that situation (other job), for now I was finally able to put together a WY Pronghorn for a customer of mine.
c3e84b85b77d83509088294abafa8fb0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigtex

Re: Pronghorn

Purty!!!! You nailed it!! Eyes, mouth, expression are first rate. Love the pedestal mount!
I mounted the Grandsons in time for Christmas and if I never do another it will be fine with me lol.
They are challenging to say the least, I just sawed the horns off mine and put it on a panel. :D

AT Hiker

bigtex":2r2cqe48 said:
Purty!!!! You nailed it!! Eyes, mouth, expression are first rate. Love the pedestal mount!
I mounted the Grandsons in time for Christmas and if I never do another it will be fine with me lol.
They are challenging to say the least, I just sawed the horns off mine and put it on a panel. :D

Thanks!
I have a friend in Utah that loves to mount them. I think he is partly insane[emoji14]
Sorta like you, I'm a euro pronghorn guy. My first one is on a pedestal mount.
I do have some points I'm hoping to cash in soon for WY on a trophy unit. If I luck up and break the B&C minimum I might mount it, but the cape has to be perfect and my tannery has to agree on tanning it with a short incision, barring any hair slippage.
One can hope.

@fulldraw

Nice work! Always wanted to bow hunt pronghorn. Wouldn't know where to start though.

With this job remedy you speak of, doesn it mean one might see a certain 10 pt in the not so distant future. :D

AT Hiker

Pronghorn

@fulldraw":29jj5tyw said:
Nice work! Always wanted to bow hunt pronghorn. Wouldn't know where to start though.

With this job remedy you speak of, doesn it mean one might see a certain 10 pt in the not so distant future. [emoji1]

Lol, my current job ends in August but what it does mean is I'm able to get to these mounts a lot quicker. Actually, most of my skins are back from the tannery which is a huge plus. No promises but I'm hoping to have it done sooner than the expected date.
We can talk pronghorn next time your over.