please delete

tanasirivertea

I love watching hunting and fishing shows as well as online content. Most of the time we see the hunter or angler closing the deal. What I want to do is film from beginning to end the hunting season. I would pick out some spots. Go explore and scout. Use that data to pick my hunting spots. So on and so forth. My thought would be to even reveal the geographic locations but not release any footage until after the season

ttf909

So apparently its a bad idea. but hey wouldn't know without asking.
There's a lot of hate for youtube hunting around here.
Do it man. Don't let a couple poop on your dreams. Never know till you try
Someone once said something to the likes of : to escape criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing. Doubt that would work either . Post up your channel . Catman started here asking novice questions years ago. I think what he is doing is worthy . Much decline in hunting participation so something has to bring people back.

BSK

Much decline in hunting participation so something has to bring people back.
First, I don't think the decline in hunters is as great as advertised. Second, I sure hope it isn't YouTube videos that bring more hunters into the fold. And I say that based on the little content I've seen. It wasn't a good look for hunters in general, and with all the wannabees, everyone seems to copy everyone else's behavior. This isn't a shot at you tanasirivertea. It's a comment on the current crop of YouTube hunters. I'm sure some are fine, ethical hunters. But the ones I've seen are self-indulgent glory hounds, and in my personal opinion, embarrassments to hunting. I don't want that behavior to be what draws people into hunting, because they will just copy that behavior. Make great content that is respectful to the environment and the hunting culture and hopefully people will watch and learn something.

I truly believe YouTube has absolutely RUINED turkey hunting in Tennessee on public.
The state PAID a channel called The Hunting Public 10,000 to promote non resident hunting in2022.
It worked. Some WMA's had as much as EIGHTY percent kill done by NON resident hunters.
Prentice Cooper almost DOUBLED their kill totals this Spring from last.

We saw plates from all over the country like never before. Had two people spot Zach from THP on the area.

So TWRA reduced the bag limit while increasing the number of hunters.

Same for deer hunting as well.

VERY off balance!

MidTennFisher

I don't understand how anyone could believe hunter numbers are declining. When have you pulled up to a WMA parking area and thought, "Gosh this really sucks.. you know what'd be great? Is if we had MORE hunters!"

R3 is a scam and the only people pushing R3 stand to make money off of it. The percentage of the American population that hunts may be declining, and I say that's a good thing. Because so is number of available acres to hunt. Why try to drum up interest in hunting to create more hunters and cram them into a decreasing amount of opportunity?

Overall, I agree that social media has been the absolute worst thing to ever happen to hunting. It draws way too much attention to it, for the wrong reasons, and is now the new sexy thing to garner attention on social media. People are motivated by likes, follows, hopes of sponsorship, and generating revenue.

I would bet good money that if all social media disappeared, we'd see a noticeable reduction in hunting pressure within a season. And I'd also bet that there would be much less negative interactions with rude hunters who think they own a public land spot because they have trail cameras and a blind there.

Latest posts