Plant identification help

JWW4

I planted a custom seed mix I pick up at the local feed & seed. Most of it is being ignored, but there is one kind of plant that is being hammered. I need to know what it is so I can be sure to plant more of it next year. I don't have any pics. It is a broad leaf plant. Each plant has 5-8 stems that grow out of the grownd with a single leaf on the end of each. The leaves are a very pail/light green. I have not seen any flower or other identifing features. If my discription is not good enough, does any one know a web site that has a lot of pics of common food plot plants?
Thanks

deerchaser007

Do you know what was in the custom mix?? Can you call the seed store and ask them what was in it?? Then,.. goggle the different plants and identify it.

It may not be something from that mix. It may be a native broadleaf plant that emerged from the ground when you preped the soil. It can happen........

brickman

Just a guess but description fits the chicory I have. High protein 22%-30%......and they will hit it hard in the summer & then leave it when acorns drop. My deer hit it again in late winter & early spring but leave it as soon as everything else greens up.
brickman

deerchaser007

If it is chicory ,.. that means it has bolted on you. You should not allow chicory to bolt to a stem. The only way to control bolting is by mowing.

Note,.. bolting is fine in a annual plot. Not preferred in a perennial stand.

Latest posts