no luck today

waterman

had a couple gobbling on the roost then went silent. had two groups of deer, 6 in the first and four in the second. started blowing but wouldnt leave. actually took my hat off and waved my arms and they just stood there looking at me. guessing deer season i'll have turkeys all around. also saw two wood ducks fly through. anyone have better luck?

Remington700

We had one gobble about 6 times and shut up. Saw several deer as well. Did not hear one shot in the area. I was on public and saw plenty of folks too.

30-06 type of guy

Nope. Roosted 2 last night. Got there at like 120 this morning. Couple guys slept in their vehicles. Came to different spot had one about 40yards on the limb and like 5 others I couldn't see. Had 2 guys sit behind me about 50 yards. Payed me no attention and then another guy slid in but further. Pretty sure I watched about 20 jakes come into the river bank and beat up the tom. Straight chaos. Struck one up about an hour ago but his hen took him. Give it alil longer then back tomorrow

rem270

I had a great morning but didn't get to fire a shot. I went with my cousin whose never killed one. We went and listened at the property 2 weeks ago so went back to where we heard the most birds. 2 sounded off, then 3, then 4 all 200 yards to our south. Then heard another a ways off east and north. The ones south weren't on our property we were hunting but had hopes they'd make their way over eventually.

Got to watch them fly down and 3 got with hens and were just doing their thing. The 4th bird let out a gobble well after daylight and finally entered the field. He went away from them all and I thought he might go behind us and swing around. He got within 80 yards behind us and 3 jakes came directly in front of us and ran him off. These are big open crop fields we're hunting so I feel like we could've sat there most of the day and potentially had some luck but about 9:30 my cousin wanted to leave.

I'm set up behind my house now. Heard one on the TN side when I walked out the door and was hopeful I might pull him over here but not looking good for that. Almost didn't even come this afternoon but you never know what might wonder by.

Bgoodman30

Same here! Deer were out late this morning. Had 2 groups bump and run over 2 different birds….

Speedwell-Hunter

Nope. Roosted 2 last night. Got there at like 120 this morning. Couple guys slept in their vehicles. Came to different spot had one about 40yards on the limb and like 5 others I couldn't see. Had 2 guys sit behind me about 50 yards. Payed me no attention and then another guy slid in but further. Pretty sure I watched about 20 jakes come into the river bank and beat up the tom. Straight chaos. Struck one up about an hour ago but his hen took him. Give it alil longer then back tomorrow
Gosh, you got that 1 o'clock in morning to get your spot? Curious where were you hunting?

Chiflyguy

Spent 2 days, two different properties.
Was only out a short time.
You get out what you put in.
Sunday, was walking back to the truck and heard a gobbler.
Went back out after him.
I realize I pushed too fast and ran him off.
I ain't used to this run and gun style down here or even stalking.
Used to sit in a blind over decoys.
These mountain birds are a lot smarter than Yankee birds🤣

Latest posts