New to Forum

Black Titan

Hello all,

Been an East TN resident for most of my life but did live up north for about 10 years in PA. Rifle hunted there, but have never hunted here.

Decided to take the plunge into bowhunting this year. Been accumulating gear and practicing all year with my bow and I'm wanting to get out this year, but lost on where to go. It being my first time both archery hunting and hunting TN in general, I really wanted to hunt private land first but those plans fell through and now a week before season opener I can't decide on where to go.

I'm considering the Mt Roosevelt WMA as it's close to where I live, or possibly some TVA land near here. But hunting public just makes me nervous. And I admit I'm also a little nervous about venturing into the woods by myself, and while I invested in a handheld GPS to keep from getting lost, it won't keep me from slipping or getting hurt and unable to make it out or get help. I've got a pretty messed up back and it's good most of the time but when it decides to go out, it leaves me almost unable to walk.

Anyways, enough whining from me. Been reading this forum for awhile learning what I can and anxious to get out and hunt. I plan to bow hunt all throughout muzzleloader and rifle season. I'd love to rifle hunt to, but I'm a lefty and finding what I want in a left handed bolt action is like hitting the lottery.

BT

M T Pockets 000

Hello all,

Been an East TN resident for most of my life but did live up north for about 10 years in PA. Rifle hunted there, but have never hunted here.

Decided to take the plunge into bowhunting this year. Been accumulating gear and practicing all year with my bow and I'm wanting to get out this year, but lost on where to go. It being my first time both archery hunting and hunting TN in general, I really wanted to hunt private land first but those plans fell through and now a week before season opener I can't decide on where to go.

I'm considering the Mt Roosevelt WMA as it's close to where I live, or possibly some TVA land near here. But hunting public just makes me nervous. And I admit I'm also a little nervous about venturing into the woods by myself, and while I invested in a handheld GPS to keep from getting lost, it won't keep me from slipping or getting hurt and unable to make it out or get help. I've got a pretty messed up back and it's good most of the time but when it decides to go out, it leaves me almost unable to walk.

Anyways, enough whining from me. Been reading this forum for awhile learning what I can and anxious to get out and hunt. I plan to bow hunt all throughout muzzleloader and rifle season. I'd love to rifle hunt to, but I'm a lefty and finding what I want in a left handed bolt action is like hitting the lottery.

BT
I invested in this Savage Model 11 243. IMG_20211029_191031.jpgIMG_20211029_190947.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts