jmg custom

Good morning,

I am new to this discussion board. I am an avid angler and hunter from Minnesota. I am planning on coming to TN during my teaching spring break in March for some open water fishing.

The #1 thing on my bucket list is to fish ALL 50 states. With that said, I am looking for a little help with ideas and locations. I am normally a walleye guy, but love the bend of the rod regardless of what species I catch.

Thanks,

Jeff

tellico4x4

Welcome to the forum!
Lived in Buffalo for a couple years & really enjoyed the fishing while I was there especially Vermillion for small mouth as well as MS River since it flowed nearby.
Largemouth should be getting active in Decatur Flats area of Wheeler Lake on TN River as well as small mouth below Wheeler Dam on Wilson Lake, next lake down on TN River. I suggest hiring a guide for the small mouth below dam since your first time. Real chance of 6-7# fish there.

jmg custom

Welcome to the forum!
Lived in Buffalo for a couple years & really enjoyed the fishing while I was there especially Vermillion for small mouth as well as MS River since it flowed nearby.
Largemouth should be getting active in Decatur Flats area of Wheeler Lake on TN River as well as small mouth below Wheeler Dam on Wilson Lake, next lake down on TN River. I suggest hiring a guide for the small mouth below dam since your first time. Real chance of 6-7# fish there.
Tellico4x4,
Small world. I live 20 miles from Buffalo and coach there as well.

DoubleRidge

Welcome from Middle TN...hadnt fished much in recent years but can say that Tennessee certainly offers some fantastic opportunities...good luck on your 50 state journey.

C1295

Tennessee is not the ideal fishing destination honestly. Really over populated... But it does offer some really good trout fishing in Areas.

Latest posts