New CVA Apex!

UTGrad

Check out www.cva.com. They have uploaded on their website the new CVA Apex that will be coming out next month. This is essentially a CVA Accura with interchangeable barrel option as the Optima Elite. Looks like they are going to have a 300 Win as a barrel option. Adjustable trigger as well. I might be selling my Optima Elite.

mike243

whats all the hype about having a single shot rifle?,most children start with single shots then move to bolt actions ect,if i was starting out without any guns it might be a cheap way to get started but as i own several bolt actions i dont see the benifit of downgrading.looking at the cost i reckon you could'nt call it downgrading but the accuracys not great enuff to warrant the change imo,mike243

BIGORANGE

mike243 said:
whats all the hype about having a single shot rifle?,most children start with single shots then move to bolt actions ect,if i was starting out without any guns it might be a cheap way to get started but as i own several bolt actions i dont see the benifit of downgrading.looking at the cost i reckon you could'nt call it downgrading but the accuracys not great enuff to warrant the change imo,mike243

Nothing wrong with single shot(break action) accuracy. One advantage is having a overall shorter rifle with same barrel length.

mike243

bigorange if you will reread what i posted i did not say they were not accurate.i just dont see the gotta have mentality that seems to affect some,$500+ for a single shot rifle for me would have to be a browning & then only as a safe queen,mike243

Tiny

I can see problems for them and some consumers with that model name as they also used it for a Win.ML they also made untill a couple of years ago.

UTGrad

Tiny said:
I can see problems for them and some consumers with that model name as they also used it for a Win.ML they also made untill a couple of years ago.

I am not sure why they discontinued the 300 win in the Optima Elite. I am debating sending my Optima Elite into CVA to have them adjust the trigger to lighten it up. With a smoother trigger on the Optima Elite, I won't see a need to change. I can live without a 300 win, but the ballistics on a 300 win look amazing.

UTGrad

I just emailed CVA about the new Apex. They are offering on their website the frame only. I am assuming that they would do that to allow for Optima Elite owners to purchase the new frame and put their old barrel on the new Apex frame. I guess I will find out, cause I could save some $$$ if I could just purchase the frame and use my current Optima Elite .270 and .50 caliber barrels.

UTGrad

I called CVA customer service and was told the Optima Elite barrels will NOT be interchangeable with the new Apex. The Apex barrels will also not fit on the Optima Elite. This basically forces people to buy the whole new rifle. That is a rip off and I am pretty upset CVA would do that in tough economic times. I will not be buying this new rifle unless something changes. That is pretty expensive for a CVA.

Latest posts