Need some ideas for meal for 6 guys

pressfit

Dig a hole burn the coals and cook a Boston butt in a paper bag.. cover with untreated plywood and cover with dirt.. do a real pit BBQ.. it's fun , different and delicious !

Snowwolfe

Smoke a pork butt in advance :)
Or make a big dish of enchidalads with plenty of chicken, ground meat, and refried beans. Truly a one dish meal. Just bring a container of sour cream to spoon on top. You can make these and freeze in advance and vacuum seal. Drop in boiling water to heat up. Yum Yum

Hawk

Two pounds of ground chuck, two jars of pasta sauce, box of spaghetti, some parmesan cheese & a box of crackers.

Brown beef drain and combine with pasta sauce. Mix with cooked spaghetti top with cheese.

waterman

one pot jambalaya,1 lb of cut up chicken( I like thighs) pkg of smoked beef sausage cut into bite size , little oil for frying, diced med onion, 3 stalks celery, garlic to your liking, 1 chopped bell pepper, 28oz can tomatos, tsp each of tabasco, file powder and Cajun seasoning. heat dry pan on high heat. brown sausage pieces ,then remove. add little oil and brown chicken in same pot. return sausage and add allveggies until cooked through. add liquid ingredients. stir well then add file'powder and Cajun season. simmer 30 mins and serve with rice. one of my favs

7mm08

Thanks for the info. Like the idea of the soup. Some of the ideas are kind of already taken.

This is an old family favorite of a friend that is AWESOME !!!

Somebody is doing this one.

Buzzard Breath

7mm08":r8m30kt4 said:
Buzzard Breath":r8m30kt4 said:
Lasagna Soup with a loaf of crusty bread.

It's easy to prep ahead of time and just assemble once there for a good, quick meal. It's a staple for some of my deer camps.

https://www.afarmgirlsdabbles.com/lasagna-soup/

Made this!!!! AWESOME! Thank you !
[emoji106]

It's cold and dreary here today and I kind of wish I had some myself.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

niclmbrt1

I like to take Brunswick stew. Great in crock pot. My favorite recipe is on allrecipes.com. Title "Get a husband Brunswick stew". I took it to camp last weekend. I slow cooked a venison neck roast, pulled it like pulled pork and used it plus one pound of ground venison. It turned out great. I have made exactly to recipe as well and it was fantastic. Another substitute is to use s can or two of Rotel to replace can for can of peeled tomatoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buzzard Breath

waterman":1wo9i0mu said:
Buzzard Breath":1wo9i0mu said:
Lasagna Soup with a loaf of crusty bread.

It's easy to prep ahead of time and just assemble once there for a good, quick meal. It's a staple for some of my deer camps.

https://www.afarmgirlsdabbles.com/lasagna-soup/
had this two nights in a row. leftovers even better!!
I'm glad everyone is liking it. It's a staple around our house.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk