• Help Support TNDeer:

NCAA CWS 2024

And for the record, there is no rule book definition of a swing. A swing is what the umpire says it is. It's not even a judgemental call, it's an opinion call.
But it was a swing.

And for the record, there is no rule book definition of a swing. A swing is what the umpire says it is. It's not even a judgemental call, it's an opinion call.
But it was a swing.
To me it was dead nuts 50/50. It's hard to argue against whatever was called on the field. Meaning if he had called it a strike we wouldn't have a lot to complain about. But he didn't. The barrel got level, maybe, but never beyond that and he never broke his wrist over.

I think more importantly the 3rd base ump made the call so the players on the field could decide the outcome, not a 50/50 judgement call.

And yes I've seen the pics and replays it is unbelievably close.

Just the type of game VOLS needed, having to be scrappy and win with base hits vs just HRs LOVED IT...
NC early game was good too a walk off against VA.

As far as the ump's call on the check swing. Dont care he was correct or VOLS got a break, but its in the books now... so NEXT
The game should be decided by the players and not some umpire……. Great call.

BTW, I got hung up after the game, and again this morning going down an X (twitter) rabbit hole of game highlights, people's reactions to the big hits, etc.

It was very similar to the Bama football game 2 yrs ago.

Vols also hold the record for most home runs in the MCWS with 28. They did it in 7 games LSU and Florida had 27 each in 13 games.

I'm going to record the FL game. First pitch scheduled for 10:15. May watch the first inning live.

Back