My son's first buck..

FIREMANJIM

I had video and pics of this deer traveling with a 190" 11 pointer. They had been eating in this grove of white oaks for the last 18 days or so. Been arriving at 7 am every day. Well we got up in the stands and at 6:50 I caught a glimpse of a deer working thru the woods toward us. It was the 7 pointer. I told my son he was coming so he got turned around and his gun ready. I said don't forget the 11 pointer should be along in a few if you want to wait. He said "Let me think about that..." About 10 seconds later I heard the safety click off and he touched off the shot. Deer ran about 200 yards down a creek drain shot thru both lungs, Michael Waddell could not have made a better shot. I am one proud PAPA.....

Andy S.

FIREMANJIM said:
I had video and pics of this deer traveling with a 190" 11 pointer.
Cant wait to see these pics/videos Jim. Don't be stingy. :grin:

FIREMANJIM said:
About 10 seconds later I heard the safety click off and he touched off the shot. Deer ran about 200 yards down a creek drain shot thru both lungs, Michael Waddell could not have made a better shot. I am one proud PAPA.....
That is what I like to hear; let the kids shoot whatever they want whenever they want (legally). That is the best and only way we will succeed at getting most of them involved in our hunting tradition. Good stuff Jim.

Latest posts