Misery Loves Company

Displaced_Vol

All you gluttons for punishment heading to MoMo we're with you in spirit. My bunch is headed to far west KY for a long weekend to chase non existent ducks. All you all complaining about no ducks (and it's a valid complaint) at your pits:we're about to wrap up the 3rd year at our backwater dependent lease and we've hunted it a total of 4 days. There's no water on it now but hopefully our leasor is gonna hook us up with some of his personal spots that have water. He is a good guy and it's not his fault at all but it's absolutely our luck that we had good backwater floods for a decade straight and hardly a one since we've been leasing.

But, if nothing else good times will be had, good food will be ate, sports will be watched and I will completely turn work off for a few days and remove myself from 90% of my daily responsibilities.

This season hasn't really even existed for me. I've hunted 2 days and notched 1 wood duck. My second hunt I forgot my duck calls at the house…that kind of year.

Shoot 'em if you've got em I am about ready to put this one in the books and get ready for some turkeys.

WilcoKen

Wish you all the best for your hunt. Been "one of those years" for me too. Hunted less this year than in a long time. I know a few that have had a good year and I am happy for those guys. I had 2 days with about a 2 hour stretch each day that was fun. Something to build on for next year I guess.

Displaced_Vol

Well it was a fun weekend. Not the most productive but we killed a few and had a good time. Honestly was pleasantly surprised at the overall number of birds we saw but they were, of course, scared of their own shadow. We watched several times when a group of ducks would try and land and flare off of live birds on the water. That kind of spooked.
Saturday was the better day we had some sun and we actually had some work pretty well. Sunday was just a dreary day and we were only able to knock one down at the end of the day.
We were supposed to hunt this morning but we cut it short and everybody went home early cause it seems like we've all got sick kids at home.
This is one I am ready to turn the page on and hopefully the weather and ducks and life will cooperate better next year!

cbhunter

Well it was a fun weekend. Not the most productive but we killed a few and had a good time. Honestly was pleasantly surprised at the overall number of birds we saw but they were, of course, scared of their own shadow. We watched several times when a group of ducks would try and land and flare off of live birds on the water. That kind of spooked.
Saturday was the better day we had some sun and we actually had some work pretty well. Sunday was just a dreary day and we were only able to knock one down at the end of the day.
We were supposed to hunt this morning but we cut it short and everybody went home early cause it seems like we've all got sick kids at home.
This is one I am ready to turn the page on and hopefully the weather and ducks and life will cooperate better next year!
Glad y'all had a good time. It's not always about the du is killed but it sure would help occasionally

Bgoodman30

All you gluttons for punishment heading to MoMo we're with you in spirit. My bunch is headed to far west KY for a long weekend to chase non existent ducks. All you all complaining about no ducks (and it's a valid complaint) at your pits:we're about to wrap up the 3rd year at our backwater dependent lease and we've hunted it a total of 4 days. There's no water on it now but hopefully our leasor is gonna hook us up with some of his personal spots that have water. He is a good guy and it's not his fault at all but it's absolutely our luck that we had good backwater floods for a decade straight and hardly a one since we've been leasing.

But, if nothing else good times will be had, good food will be ate, sports will be watched and I will completely turn work off for a few days and remove myself from 90% of my daily responsibilities.

This season hasn't really even existed for me. I've hunted 2 days and notched 1 wood duck. My second hunt I forgot my duck calls at the house…that kind of year.

Shoot 'em if you've got em I am about ready to put this one in the books and get ready for some turkeys.

I feel your pain it seems like it comes in cycles. We are definitely on a dry cycle.

Latest posts