Sold/Expired Minimum number of posts for leasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

scn

Over the years, we have had at least one instance where a person that was not a long-time member of TnDeer came in and ran a scam by leasing land he did not own or control. To cut down on the probability of it happening again, we are putting the same standards for offering land for lease as we have for putting items up for sale in the classified forum. Therefore, any posts offering land for lease by a member with less than 100 total posts will be subject to deletion.

There will not be a minimum number of posts needed to post wanting to lease land.

From someone that has been leasing a place to hunt for many years, I would want at least the following information before I had any interest in the lease:

1. Name of the landowner if different from the person leasing along with the map and parcel number of the land.
2. Total number of acres.
3. Number of hunters that will be on the lease.
4. Number of any additional hunters (family members, etc) that will have hunting or other recreational access to the lease.
5. A written copy of any lease rules.

Every year I hear horror stories of leases that are nowhere near to being as they were portrayed. Once they get your money, it is usually very difficult to get it back without legal expenses. Do your homework up front before signing and paying.

Kimber45

I want to add that the members of TnDeer are important to the site, and even more so when it comes to business they may enter into as a result of the site.. There have been a few recent reports of members paying for leases where there were some "untrue promises etc" made. As members, please PM us anytime something like this takes place. We want to do all we can to reduce/eliminate that type of stuff from happening here.

Your feedback is always appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts