Midsouth Opinions

FredRog72

What's everyone's experience with purchases from Midsouth? More referring to internet sales and shipped items. I've only purchased from them twice in the past few months, all reloading related, and both times have been frustrating. I did eventually get what I ordered but no communication, no shipping information, order would just show up weeks later. I did reach out to them asking for shipping info on this last order since the online status was "complete" and "shipped" for several days with no tracking info to confirm and the package showed up without warning. Btw, the order status is still exactly the same online even though I have the order.

The reason I want others opinions, I don't want to just write them off. I want to continue to support the business but is this just how the conduct business? I buy a LOT from Midway and they've almost gotten to a point where when you click submit order, the doorbell rings. I know that's not a realistic expectation for every online supplier but it is nice how fast they process and ship.

Look forward to the feedback!

backyardtndeer

No complaints here. Been buying from them for a few years. Most everywhere handling components is slow right now. I have a backorder in with them on bullets and a few other items that has been slow getting the items in, but they have gotten 2 of the 3 bullet parts of the order in now. Still waiting on half of that order. They have sent notifications as things have come in.

In my experience midway is typically overpriced and has horrible customer service.

KPH

No problem with Midsouth Most of the time when I have it shipped it gets here at a timely manner, usually I just pick it up. I agree Midway tends to be over priced.

hillbillyfab

I'm spoiled as I'm a half hour drive from them. I either stop by and buy what I want or place an order online and ride by there. I have no complaints about them. I've had them come through for me on backorders, when other supply places cancelled my orders(even during this plandemic). Unless things change, I'm a customer for life.

Last edited:

DaveB

I have been a Midsouth customer since the mid 1980's. When they put the warning up about shipping issues that means they have scheduled inbound trucks that are not arriving and a lack of outbound trucks. Back when an (seemingly) elderly lady was the only one who answered the phone you could get the exact cause of any delays in English with not very much held back. I think her name was Jane. Mebbe Martha.

When the warning is not up I get my order in 3 days from the day I paid. Right now is just plain old not a good time to be anxious about delivery times.

I find Midsouth to be honorable and fair in all dealings.
From 1989 I do believe
Midsouth.png

No, I do not hoard things.

Last edited:

FredRog72

All good info. I appreciate the input guys. I'm not really anxious or have unreasonable expectations about shipping times, I just like to be informed. I also realize these are out of the ordinary times the supply chain is dealing with.

Omega

No issues with them for me, but have picked up my stuff for the last 21 years. I do note that they put messages up about shipping delays, store hours during holidays and bad weather etc., but most times I work around that. They are a small group considering the amount of orders that come in, I recall them saying most of their staff has had to do jobs outside their norm to get things out.

FredRog72

I have been a Midsouth customer since the mid 1980's. When they put the warning up about shipping issues that means they have scheduled inbound trucks that are not arriving and a lack of outbound trucks. Back when an (seemingly) elderly lady was the only one who answered the phone you could get the exact cause of any delays in English with not very much held back. I think her name was Jane. Mebbe Martha.

When the warning is not up I get my order in 3 days from the day I paid. Right now is just plain old not a good time to be anxious about delivery times.

I find Midsouth to be honorable and fair in all dealings.
From 1989 I do believe
View attachment 70536

No, I do not hoard things.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that holds on to every receipt. Haha.

billyboy

Bought plenty from them with no issues. Also use Natchez and Graf & Sons regularly. Midway is my last choice.

Hunter 257W

I'm spoiled as I'm a half hour drive from them. I either stop by and buy what I want or place an order online and ride by there. I have no complaints about them. I've had them come through for me on backorders, when other supply places cancelled my orders(even during this plandemic). Unless things change, I'm a customer for life.
I'd be thinking up excuses to drive by there at least once a week if I were that close. Haven't had physical access to a good place for reloading supplies since about 1980 when Ray Judge's Gun Shop burned in Franklin county. Larry's Pistol and Pawn in Huntsville, AL is great for guns and ammo but nothing for reloaders.

I've bought from MidSouth and Midway for many years now and have no preference between the two. Whichever has the lowest price and is in stock gets my money for that order.

kbradley

What's everyone's experience with purchases from Midsouth? More referring to internet sales and shipped items. I've only purchased from them twice in the past few months, all reloading related, and both times have been frustrating. I did eventually get what I ordered but no communication, no shipping information, order would just show up weeks later. I did reach out to them asking for shipping info on this last order since the online status was "complete" and "shipped" for several days with no tracking info to confirm and the package showed up without warning. Btw, the order status is still exactly the same online even though I have the order.

The reason I want others opinions, I don't want to just write them off. I want to continue to support the business but is this just how the conduct business? I buy a LOT from Midway and they've almost gotten to a point where when you click submit order, the doorbell rings. I know that's not a realistic expectation for every online supplier but it is nice how fast they process and ship.

Look forward to the feedback!
With the people up front at the walk in retail store . They are great but hard to get a hold of . The ones , in the back , at the mail order desks , easy to get a hold of but not so great . If they do not know what you are talking about , they will just hang up if you ask to speak to someone up front . The ones up front will know what you are talking about . Most of the time . My two cents .

Midsouth (never had issues), Midway (quick shipping, a liitle higher, best selection), Wideners (prices all over the place, but some good deals on bulk bullets) Academy Sports ( limited selection, free shipping and good prices for home shipping) , Centerfire Systems { too high, used to buy a lot of bulk ammo) Natchez {can't find anything in stock} Blue Collar Reloading (good prices, slow shipping},
JG {gouging on prices, but deals in lean markets}
Just my experience

Gameking

Been buying from Midsouth Shooters Supply for years. They've always had good prices and never had a problem. Like everyone else, they got bogged down with the great gun and ammo grab.

Steverino

I recently placed an order with Midsouth. They said couple of weeks and it was a couple of weeks from purchase to delivery - no problems there. On the other hand I bought something on line from Walmart - some standard weights - it took weeks and one notice that they'd delivered but they didn't deliver. I wrote it off. Came in yesterday and I can't use them anyway LOL. Good thing it didn't cost much.

Latest posts