Merriam's Outfitter

Creek bottoms

I'm looking for advice on a Merriam's outfitter for the Spring of 2024. I don't want to do a DIY on public land and I'm not looking for anyone to reveal their hidey hole, but a semi-guided hunt from a reputable outfitter. I don't have a preference on which state. I thought I'd check here rather than randomly search on the inter-web. Your feedback is appreciated.

DeerWhisperer

My wife and I traveled to Wyoming several years ago for Merriams. We went with Seven J Outfitters. It was fully guided hunt. 1 guide/2 hunters. We thoroughly enjoyed. The lodging and mills were great and the guide was really good as well. We both got our birds. We hunted for 3 days and then spent the rest of the week on vacation in South Dakota(Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Black Hills, etc) At the time, it was under $1500 per hunter but I just checked and they are now around $2500/hunter. They have gone up consideably in price. They typically run over a 90% success rate.

Attachments

• rw.jpg
    rw.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Christy.jpg
    Christy.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

AT Hiker

I just looked 7J up, $2500 for 3 days and 1 bird! Wholly heck have their prices increased.
Antelope hunts used to be less than $2k. Actually, their current antelope hunt prices are only $600 more than a turkey.

What is a Goulds hunt south of the border now? $10k?!?!

Oh be never turkey hunted with them but 7J would be my referral, I just can't refer that price tag for a turkey.
You could prob least ground cheaper…

TNJones4530

2-Step Enabled
I just looked 7J up, $2500 for 3 days and 1 bird! Wholly heck have their prices increased.
Antelope hunts used to be less than $2k. Actually, their current antelope hunt prices are only $600 more than a turkey.

What is a Goulds hunt south of the border now? $10k?!?!

Oh be never turkey hunted with them but 7J would be my referral, I just can't refer that price tag for a turkey.
You could prob least ground cheaper…
Goulds can still be done around $2,500 minus airfare.. Wards Outfitters in 2021 anyway.

TNJones4530

2-Step Enabled
Haven't hunted with him yet.. doing a fall hunt this year but have a lot of confidence in the outfit- Does fall and spring, but JMC Outfitting in Utah.. James McCutcheon. $790 a person but a 2 person minimum. PM if you want his cell number

Latest posts