Sold/Expired LTB Browning A5

Don'tDrinkTinks

Anyone have an older Browning A5 they would part with? Looking for one in really good shape to hold on to and pass down to my 3 year old son one day. Belgium would be a plus.

I never had anyone to pass a gun down to me so this one would mean a lot to me.

MUP

I got the A5 Belgium 12 ga back from the man who bought it from my Dad just before he passed away. He had wood heat and had just set it by the stove for several weeks. Needless to say it was a rusted mess. Nevertheless I paid him $100 over what he paid my Dad for it and brought it back home with me. Oiled it down and cleaned it best I could. It'll still shoot, but the memories mean more to me than anything else. That was my deer gun for many years. :) Good luck with your search!

Teacher

2-Step Enabled
If I had to choose what I consider to be the best gun ever made, the A5 would be at the top of the list. I have several I have bought over the years and they are continually going up in value. The 3" magnum full choke, without the vent rib is my favorite. Mr John knew his stuff when he drew this gun up for sure!

BamaProud

Tha is a bunch!

Well hold on a minute, I'm not exactly sure what I have now. I have always just assuned it was A5. According to the Browning serial Number(103906) its Pre WWII made in 1904 which would be Belgium made I'm pretty certain. However the top of the Barrel is stamped:
"MANUFACTURED BY THE REMINGTON ARMS CO. ILION N.Y. U.S.A."
"BROWNING PATENTS OCT. 9, 1900, DEC. 17, 01, SEP. 30, 02, JUNE 16, 03"

I've done a little research this morning and it appears Remington was licensed to produce an "A5" that they called a MOD 11. I'm pretty sure and kinda bummed that is what I have.

Anybody know anything about the MOD 11?

Here are a few pictures:
7NDrgfE.jpg

oHecl9I.jpg

POpVI9R.jpg

DshTCH8.jpg

JInEf2M.jpg

mvEe0Zw.jpg

thirdwilliam

appears to be a model 11. Remington made these for quite a few years. I have two 16 gauge ones that wer my father in laws. value is not near what a browning is and they are typically heavier in weight. good guns though

UpperTully

For the purpose that you're wanting one for, I wouldn't discount a Miroku Jap made A5. As an A5 aficionado, who has shot them for many years, the Miroku is made just as good if not better. They have much better quality barrels than the Belgium guns. In my opinion, your son will more than likely appreciate having one he can shoot and comfortably know he can shoot steel shot without worry of barrel damage. Additionally, the Mirokus come with Invector and Invector Plus chokes unlike the belgiums.

I grew up shooting a belgium made Light 12 and a Mag 12. I'd take my jap made A5 over the belgiums any day and all day. Those later run Jap guns are much prettier as well.

Don'tDrinkTinks

For the purpose that you're wanting one for, I wouldn't discount a Miroku Jap made A5. As an A5 aficionado, who has shot them for many years, the Miroku is made just as good if not better. They have much better quality barrels than the Belgium guns. In my opinion, your son will more than likely appreciate having one he can shoot and comfortably know he can shoot steel shot without worry of barrel damage. Additionally, the Mirokus come with Invector and Invector Plus chokes unlike the belgiums.

I grew up shooting a belgium made Light 12 and a Mag 12. I'd take my jap made A5 over the belgiums any day and all day. Those later run Jap guns are much prettier as well.
Well if you can point me in the right direction please do.

Teacher

2-Step Enabled
I have one that has 2 boxes of dove shells shot through it. We had a company dove shoot and I needed a gun. There are two scratches on the stock, not bad, but they are there. There is not another scratch or scuff on it. will let it go for 900. It is a Japanese Browning, and I have no idea where the chokes have gone to. I dont even know what choke is in it. I havent had it out of the safe in years. It just sits there appreciating in value. I really dont know if this is too much to ask for it, as I have no idea its value. If that is too much, I will just keep it. It isnt going anywhere.

B

Latest posts