Looking for an 8-point BUCK mount

varminthunter123

I had shoot a nice 8-pointer last year and was stupid enough to listen to a friend about his buddy that could mount deer. Big Mistake, the guy calls me up about a month ago, after several calls and tells me that is shop behind his house had burn down and that my deer was ruined. Try to save a few bucks, never again.

Wondering if any of you guys would happen to have an 8-pointer that someone never claimed that might be a close match to the one I lost? I have pictures of the buck, just would like to have something close to remember the hunt with

More than willing to pay the fair market price for the mount.

PM me if you might have something and I can text you a picture.

Thanks for looking...in advance. Any help would be appreciated.

dgb7mm

If you had a picture you might be able to get replica horns made. I think if it were me I would go about it that way instead of trying to find a mount someone else had shot. Just my 2 cents.

AT Hiker

Post a picture of it up here, no two antlers look alike but its worth a shot seeing if anyone has something that is close.
Sorry to hear about the destruction and loss of property, hate that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bloodtrailing

I would pay the guy a visit to see if his barn really burned down. I would also contact the TWRA that you are suspicious that he sold the head and see what they advise.

AT Hiker

Found a 8pt rack that scores 135", it is a unfinished (mot painted) replica for $175. To paint it would cost extra of course, plus another cost for finding a cape, plus the cost of mounting. Strictly guessing your looking at upwards to $1,000 to have a mount done.
At least you now have one option, albeit it's a pricey one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jones taxidermy

Sent you a Pm I think I may be able to help you , I have this replica that looks close to me also I have extra capes .. And could fix a mount up for you

22" spread. Scores around 140"