Kudos to the city of Gatlinburg and TWRA

megalomaniac

Me, my wife, and 3 little kids got back this week from a week and a half in Gatlinburg doing most of the typical tourist things...

I'm pretty accustomed to trout fishing the stockers in the little Pigeon through Gatlinburg, but the city/state has designated certain areas open only to children under 12 since the last time I fished there.

I took my kids fishing in my usual spots, and we caught several fish, but decided to take them to the 'childrens stream' section below traffic light #1. Holy cow, they stock the heck out of that area. My 8 yr old girl and 5 yr old boy limited out (2 fish each) within 15 minutes. By the end of the week, we had eaten trout for lunch/supper so many times I took them the last day for catch and release only. Each of the kids managed to catch 6 trout each (a couple were 15"ers) in 45 minutes we released. They had a BLAST, and I may have had even more fun watching them!

I HIGHLY recommend bring a pole for any little kids up for your next trip to G'burg. Exactly what the little kids need- lots of hungry fish and easy access. The city of G'burg is definetly doing it right for the outdoorsman to have a great time despite the crazy crowds!

762hunter

Thats AWESOME!!!

Bet that was alot of fun!

I don't have kids but I've baited more hooks and unhooked more fish this year than I have for myself in the last 5 years.

It sure does feel good to see them smile and enjoy the outdoors as much as I do!

RAFI

Timber Ghost said:
If you have a sportsman's lic., you need nothing else.

Don't think thats true.believe you need a day permit from Gatlinburg.I want to take my son fishing .where do you get the permit?

Latest posts