knox area wma's

8 Ball

guys i'm stuck at school up here in Knoxville and I'm tryin to get my lady friend into hunting. Figured I'd introduce her the same way i was..... crows and squirrels. Just wandering if there was any public wma's or anything w/in 30 miles of town. Thanks.

mike243

royal blue is your best bet,hit 75n & 30 minutes or so your there,make sure you have the proper permits,mike243

8 Ball

when you say permit, you mean a wma permit? guys i cannot explain how much help ya'll are.... whenever i call twra they always forward my call to "someone that can help you better." oh and don't try to call anytime past 4:00 p.m.

mike243

deerslayer is talking about forks of the river,very little woods shotguns only,most of it is planted crops,walmart can tell you the proper small game permit for wma's ,mike243

InfoMan

8 Ball, the best way to locate wma's is to look in the wma section of the hunting guide or on the TWRA web page at www.tnwildlife.org.

Each will show the location of each wma, size, permit requirements, what is open and when.

The web site will even have maps of most of them.

If looking for info in Region IV (East Tennessee) you can call me at the office. Don't call today, I am supposed to be off, but trying to help you anyway.

Give me a call sometime.

Latest posts