Its already heating up

GMB54

And not just the temps.

4 Aleppos, 2 kinds of Scotch Bonnets, 2 kinds of rocoto
v6SOqHk.jpg

tRZUjZ1.jpg

A ghost, some mildish seasoning peppers and 4 kinds of jalapeno.
3jsHGMw.jpg

A couple milder habanero types from Peru. Not heatless
qwxdc82.jpg

Plus i still got a few more inside on window sills getting their first taste of real sun light. Then they get a hour or so full sun for a few days and then under the shade cloth.

GMB54

The "jala" patch is done.
pMiY6b3.jpg

Aleppos are ready for more sun.
Nbfi4eL.jpg

These little guys just need to harden off and planting is done.
Pjg9avV.jpg

GMB54

Sometimes i grow 1 really hot pepper just for the people that ask me for a hotter sauce. This year im growing one ghost just for that purpose. One or two ghost peppers added to say...a ripe jalapeno sauce really kicks up the heat without making it taste too much like a habanero hot sauce. The Tropical Pepper Company makes a stupid hot scorpion pepper hot sauce if you want to get an idea of what you are in for. :) Its more like a pepper mash than a sauce. They rate the sauce at over 700k SHU. Not sure if its really that high but it is super hot.

GMB54

Burn baby burn!!!!

Couple days ago
jDSqyeU.jpg

512WTQW.jpg

Today and i got way more that are super close to ripe. Them Nagas and even the red bonnets will light you up. They must have gotten crossed with something hotter because they are scorchers.
xbuXXj4.jpg

GMB54

3 days ago and loads more out there
xNUiuu6.jpg

Made a Jamaican style hot sauce too. Still need to blend it all up and make some final adjustments to it.
4uLxguE.jpg

GMB54

Ive got peppers from nearly no heat to ghosts in that basket. Many you just cant buy in any store or even a farmer market. Cant say ive ever seen Trinidad Perfume, Aleppo or red bonnets even at the most specialized markets.

One thing that chaps my butt is most hot sauce is a salt lick. Over 100mg of sodium in a tsp. I know of some specialty sauces that are much lower but most of those run over $5 for 5oz. Mine run between 30mg and 80mg per TBS. Nothing artificial and all made with quality vinegar.

If you like jalapeno flavor but want mild. You must try a Farmers Market jalapeno. They are also called a potato jalapeno because they are so heavily corked. The flavor is outstanding. Light rub with some oil and toss them on the grill for a couple minutes.
3hO5f7x.jpg

ULJ5w0Y.jpg

GMB54

Really good variety of yellow bonnets called Papa Dreadie, Brazilian Starfish (mildish) and Sichuan peppers.
Ldqks42.jpg

awEEqVo.jpg

GMB54

Still got lots more to go but this put a dent in my upper deck plants. Lower patio and small ground plot are still loaded.
fDD2Ns2.jpg

Ive been drying Aleppo non stop for days. Just finished filling this bag yesterday. Almost 150grams of dried Aleppo now.
pkiWhGO.jpg