ITS ALMOST HERE!!!!

Forvols

My loadout for archery season.
Excalibur Matrix 355
Custom Flemish string
Hawke XB 1 SR scope
20" black eagle executioner arrows
slick tricks broadheads.
weight of above arrow/bh combo - 428grs (sighted in 0-40yds)
Redfield range finder.
Leupold binos
2 buck knives
gerber multitool for the small saw blade

Plan on doing some open woods sit/stalk and some popup blind hunting in oaks, beech, hickory, papaw trees adjacent to fields with lots of blackberry and natural forage. But I wont get in the woods until Sunday. Also have some thunderhead broadheads, if I take one with the slick tricks. I will try the thunderheads later in the season.

savageman

forvols,
does that mean that your first line on your scope is zeroed at 40 yds? and your bolt hits dead on at 40 and 15 with some rise in between?

Forvols

No, I'm sorry that should read zeroed at 20-40yrds, first line is 20yrds, next is 30 and then 40yrds..alot of where I hunt is pretty thick cover(lots of saplings etc) so longest shot I would consider is 40yrds (although bow and scope are capable of longer shots I put 40yrd limit for myself, edge of the field I would probably do 50yrds)

JeepKuntry

I guess my sights bumped off in the offseason. Took about 5 arrows to get her back in line at 20, 30. My max range is 40 with any piece of archery equipment. Only take broadside or quartering away shots these days.

Latest posts