WTB Immediate Need - Industrial Chainsaw - Log Splitter

Wanted to Buy

gary66

Don't think it requires anything commercial. Looks like a 20"bar with a new chain will do. The hard part will be putting the hunks on or up to the splitter. People are paying for fire wood these days and you can see how many here wish they were closer. (sell it where it is)

If you don't have the equipment it will cost you a bit to turn it into fire wood, oil and gas alone around 30 bucks. Saw and splitter rental around 300 bucks, truck and time more. You could buy fire wood for the same or less. :)

I've heated with wood for decades, nice oak tree, will be great fire wood... muscles hurt just looking at it. That knot on the tree is a burl and worth money, save and sell it. People who know what to do with them will come if you advertise it. Don't try and cut it off, just cut the tree on both sides, leave a bit on both sides... come back about a foot on either side. Get help lifting it, or if you are truly a gifted southern man, sell it where it is. Let them cut what they want and haul it off.

backyardtndeer

I have cut up bigger trees with my echo cs400 with an 18 inch bar. Helps having a tractor to move the heavy logs around. I however agree with selling it if you don't need it for firewood.

FTG-05

After the April 28, 2011 Super Storm that rolled through north AL, my BIL lost two giant Red Oaks in his front yard. They could have done massive damage to his house, but both missed it, than God.

In any event, I went over to help with cleanup and when I got there, there were like 30-40 people chain sawing, hauling, cutting up and generally just cleaning up the place. I asked my BIL who all these people were and he said: "I have no clue whatsoever, they just all showed up!".

It was pretty cool. I got a ton of Red Oak firewood out of it as well.

Latest posts